Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this a few weeks ago and changed out the crappy rubber grips with Hogues. Awesome and accurate. I shoot better with this than my .357Sig P226.

·
Super Moderator
34,959 Posts
Very nice! Yeah, I like hogue, too, just put a set of rubber monogrips on my 3" M66 and improved it. It had a Pachmayr Gripper on it like my 4" M66, but I prefer the Hogue's feel and I carry that 3"er a lot.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Really nice looking wheel gun. If I ever find the 7 Taurus semi-autos on my list of things to own, I will pick up a few revolvers. Love the look of the wood grips.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Very nice! I'm partial to the feel of rubber grips also but think the look of most wood grips are much more attractive overall. :)

·
Super Moderator
34,959 Posts
Taurus_9mm said:
Very nice! I'm partial to the feel of rubber grips also but think the look of most wood grips are much more attractive overall. :)
That's why you put rubber on your carry gun and wood on your safe queen. :D Actually, I my fav grip material is stag. I don't know why, might be the cowboy in me, but I like stag grips. I have a set on an engraved stainless Blackhawk in .45 Colt. It's a working gun, too, not just a safe queen. I carry it afield a lot when I can open carry, either on hikes or working on my place.

The wood hogues with the rubber surface sorta give you the best of both worlds. I like 'em.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Those grips are sweet, now my wife will cuss you because I have to buy some and it's your fault. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nice looking revolver. I just put a set of Excalibur wood grips on my M66 .357. It sure feels alot better than the wimpy stock rubber grips. Have fun!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Very Nice Stingray. Every time I go the the Houge Site I cannot find grips for my Tracker, 357 type. Maybe I will search more because I am sure they have them in wood. I pick it up on Sunday after I get off of work and I think this will be a nice addition!

Rick

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
rick_in_lb said:
Very Nice Stingray. Every time I go the the Houge Site I cannot find grips for my Tracker, 357 type. Maybe I will search more because I am sure they have them in wood. I pick it up on Sunday after I get off of work and I think this will be a nice addition!

Rick
Thanks Rick,

I would give Hogue a call, they have a weird way of classifying grips: small, medium and large frame revolvers. Ask them them if what you are interested in will fit. Their customer service is pretty good.

Also, as an FYI, it was no simple task to get these grips on. The grips I purchased are "mono grips" and slide on to the frame as 1 piece, not 2.

There is a "stock pin" at the base of the frame of the 608 that the stock rubber grips "cling" on to. A punch is required to push it out. I had no punch and could not hammer it out :) So I ended up using a hack saw to get it off.

I am not sure what kind of grips you are looking for, or what the frame of your revolver looks like, but you may need a gun smith to help, if you dont have the tools. Or you can improvise like I did :)

Good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts