Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Nice piece. I'd buy it, if the price was better.
I have an old Model 66 in nickel that I love. You can't go wrong as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
I have not shot that one however if you are in the market for a 2 inch barrel the 617 is fun to shoot.

Reactions: kinggabby

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
I suppose that you could go with a 627 Tracker instead -- you loose one round, but it's very similar....

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RevolverFan, I'm thinking about it, I may wait for the heavier model though, I like the grip better also.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Theyve also got the 4" Taurus 608 in stock, if you're ok with a shorter barrel...

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've had my eye on this revolver and it is now out of stock at Buds, has anyone else had any experience shooting this, if so, what are your thoughts.

Taurus 608 .357mag 6
I have a 6" 608 and think its the greatest .357 EVER!!!! The ports and weight make it a pussy cat to shoot. And, you can't go wrong with 8 rounds in the cylinder! You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I have a 6" 608 and think its the greatest .357 EVER!!!! The ports and weight make it a pussy cat to shoot. And, you can't go wrong with 8 rounds in the cylinder! You won't be disappointed.
I've put it on my wish list at Buds, I've noticed since I posted about it that there are quite a few other popular firearms out of stock at suppliers, I read somewhere that the demand is so great many companies are a few months behind demand, Ruger is one of them, production can't fill current demand until May. Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I have only owned the lower end Taurus snub nose revolvers. I shot a SS608ported4" two weeks ago and it was amazing. Like the other gentleman said magnum virtually had no recoil and the action was fantastic. I think they do some hand finishing on the higher end Tauruses so I think this is a different level of Taurus revolver. It is built like a tank, seems like it would handle anything you throw at it.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have not shot a 608 but have a 4in 689 and you can tell when i put 357 round instead of 38's not a big deal but you can tell. It kicks more than my 7.5 in 44 cal i went with the 4 in because it is easier to hide when i carry it. But for fun shooting the 6 in would be much nicer. But i am sure you will enjoy which ever one or more you get.

·
Super Moderator
40,613 Posts
I want the same 608 with the 6.5" barrel, also want a PT-145, the way prices are sky rocketing I think I will be waiting until after the election, hoping we get a win, demand drops, and the prices come back down. It’s a gamble I will try to get a good deal on one of them the last week of May, if not I guess I have to wait.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I want the same 608 with the 6.5" barrel, also want a PT-145, the way prices are sky rocketing I think I will be waiting until after the election, hoping we get a win, demand drops, and the prices come back down. It’s a gamble I will try to get a good deal on one of them the last week of May, if not I guess I have to wait.
I'm in line waiting for the 608 w/6.5" barrel, the last price check was $519 at Buds, I hope it remains the same when production catches up with demand who knows when? ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have only owned the lower end Taurus snub nose revolvers. I shot a SS608ported4" two weeks ago and it was amazing. Like the other gentleman said magnum virtually had no recoil and the action was fantastic. I think they do some hand finishing on the higher end Tauruses so I think this is a different level of Taurus revolver. It is built like a tank, seems like it would handle anything you throw at it.
Thanks for the tip, I've never even seen one of the higher-end Taurus revolvers in person. This might make the list as an option in the 4" .357 category.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just picked up my 627 tracker about two weeks ago and put through 200 rounds of 357 mag. 125 hp and 158 hp, cheap stuff like blazer rem, and winchester, and put 38+p 50 rounds through. absolutely flawless. the porting on the gun makes it so easy to shoot. even with the 357. i will say that the sucker is loud, but the kick is very light. you will definitely feel the shockwave from the gun if you stand anywhere near it while firing. all my friends who shot it too said it was great, and they loved the accuracy. so while i may not have the 608 model, though i would like one, i will say this revolver ate up whatever i stuck through it. taurus makes an great model irregardless of which one you pick up, but hey one extra round of 357, oh hell yeah sign me up

·
Super Moderator
40,613 Posts
Glad you like the Tracker, I am going to hold out for the 608, hopefully Memorial Day weekend one will have my name on it.

·
Registered
187 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Glad you like the Tracker, I am going to hold out for the 608, hopefully Memorial Day weekend one will have my name on it.

I would actually like to get the model 66 and the model 608, to kinda have an collection. I think this is just such an awesome revolver that i want the larger counterparts. Love those 357s, they kick up some dust. Of course, those will probably be after I make my next purchase. An Raging Bull 44 Mag, 8 inch barrel im thinking. I like to blow stuff up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts