Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gun show in Great Falls Montana yesterday, got my first look at a Taurus revolver in 32 Long. 4" barrel, nickel plated, wood stocks. Was tempted, managed to resist, I have never liked nickel. Condition was really quite good. Owner said that this one probably dated to 1961, but wasn't certain. He was asking 225$.

Reactions: TheOldRedneck

·
Registered
200 Posts
i have a 1954 S&W in 32long. it's a sweet firing gun.

Reactions: ncfarmer

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
That might be a nice little pistol to plink and target shoot with. .32 Long is a accurate round to shoot
and it is easy on the hand. I saw a Colt Pocket Police the other day in .32, the little brother of the
Colt Police Positive. I may have go back in take another look at that again. I'm a fan of .32 Long
and it is sill popular across the pond in Europe.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
I have always loved the 32 long. It is cheap and easy to load for. Most of the little guns are more accurate than the shooter. I also like blue better than nickel.

·
Registered
200 Posts
better pic with the new grips

·
Registered
90 Posts
Although my wife started with a .38, I would have loved to have a .32 on hand for her to pick up. The recoil is just a step over a .22lr. Great guns, but $225 seems a bit steep for my neck of the woods.

·
Registered
200 Posts
my wife was who i got the 32 for, she has the 32 and the LCP as her toys.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
For one in good condition I would easily pay $225 as you arent likely to run across another very frequently.He was asking $225 so I bet he would take less or at least do it out the door for$225 to move it.
If you want to take some pics and put me in touch with him I would be interested.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The show ended at 1500 Hrs. sunday, I have no idea who he was or where he was from. When I was driving out I counted license plates from 7 states and 2 Canadian Provinces, and probably half the counties in Montana.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ummmm, I may be in the minorty here but why. Before I get lynched for disrespecting a classic let me explain. They make 327 now. You may not want to shoot that but as you know ,they do quite fine with 32long an 32mag. In the last couple months I have sold 4 32longs (2 Smiths, 1Colt and1 H&R ) and brought home 3 327s (1 gp-100,Smith 632 and one small frame taurus). Most 32longs found are 40 to 75 years old and have not had an easy life. In the case of my Taurus you get new manufacture with modern metals and a lifetime warrenty . It's a 3" stainless CDNN closeout at $265 OTD.

Don't get me wrong, I load and shoot 32 long all the time .
It's just as an entry level round in a stronger gun.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I also have modern revolvers. 327 & 32 magnum. But they lack the character and provinence of the older guns. My oldest 32 is 1907, my newest is a 2010 and still in the box, unfired. I like carrying and shooting a gun of the same production run that Theodore Roosevelt armed New York City police with. But I also like the power and potential of the new chamberings. I also like the fact that some of my favorite 32 revolvers will never be newly manufactured again. I have 19 32 caliber hand guns, when I compare my 60 year old Walther PP in 7.65 to the newer tupperware models I'm very glad that I don't own the newer ones. I'm very glad that new designs and types are coming out with ever more frequency but I also like the fit feel and function of the older 32's. There is room in my safe for all of them and I thank God I have the liberty to pick and choose, I don't want to own them all but I'm very happy with the thought that I could if I so chose!!

·
Registered
29,861 Posts
Got a circa 1905 3 1/4" barreled nickled S&W .32 Hand Ejector that my Grand Dad used to carry as a "Steam Ship Night Watchman".

Lots of fun to shoot, as has been said the recoil is about on par with a .22 rimfire.

Not much of a choice in factory ammo which is expensive and a little hard to find.

A reloader can save a lot of $$ and have fun creating plinking, target or small game loads. :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
But they lack the character and provinence of the older guns. I have 19 32 caliber hand guns, when I compare my 60 year old Walther PP in 7.65 to the newer tupperware models I'm very glad that I don't own the newer ones. I'm very glad that new designs and types are coming out with ever more frequency but I also like the fit feel and function of the older 32's. There is room in my safe for all of them and I thank God I have the liberty to pick and choose, I don't want to own them all but I'm very happy with the thought that I could if I so chose!!
I too have a safe full of older and classic revolvers that not only talk to me but they scream of history. But.... This thread started about a older Taurus from the 60's. One would have to be a focused diehard Taurus collector to attach much provinence to that. At the time they were a low cost alternatave with little quality control or fitting.
History,The Colt Police Positive I got rid of had been to China and back (had the stamps to prove it) and showed it . Cool but nowdays if they break no one can fix them with less than an arm and a leg. The Hand Ejector Smiths were of a pre- heat treating era and had to be loaded mild within a mild range. The H&R was frankly, well an H&R. Just choices I guess.
Anyway I still have 32-20's if I need vintage shooting.

Here's another new import that is kinda under the radar right now .
Czechpoint - Products - Revolvers - .32 S&W

·
32,496 Posts
I too have a safe full of older and classic revolvers that not only talk to me but they scream of history. But.... This thread started about a older Taurus from the 60's. One would have to be a focused diehard Taurus collector to attach much provinence to that. At the time they were a low cost alternatave with little quality control or fitting.
History,The Colt Police Positive I got rid of had been to China and back (had the stamps to prove it) and showed it . Cool but nowdays if they break no one can fix them with less than an arm and a leg. The Hand Ejector Smiths were of a pre- heat treating era and had to be loaded mild within a mild range. The H&R was frankly, well an H&R. Just choices I guess.
Anyway I still have 32-20's if I need vintage shooting.

Here's another new import that is kinda under the radar right now .
Czechpoint - Products - Revolvers - .32 S&W
That caught my eye as well but there must be a .32 S&W market out there. Nice to see it. What I like about the .32s is their user friendliness.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Love 32s: Have a S&W 32 Hand Ejector mod and looks just like yours. Super shooter and very accurate. U Did Good ! Magtech makes a 32 SW Long JHP now.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts