Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What can you all tell me about it? I picked one up for $285 used. Is this the one that can shoot different kinds of similar ammo? How hard/easy is it to find ammo for?

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
That's a fine deal on a used Taurus .32 Mag revolver!

·
Registered
445 Posts
It can shoot 32 mag (32 H&R Mag same thing), 32 S&W long & 32 S&W (also known as 32 S&W short). DON'T try 327 mag! Congrats, you got a good deal.

·
Super Moderator
40,613 Posts
Congrats, have a picture you can post. I love the .32 caliber revolvers.

Reactions: elPescador

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, I got to spend a little time w/ the new piece. Apart from a good cleaning, it feels solid. I do have a minor concern, however. It seems the ejector is a little wobbly or loose when I go to push it in (as if ejecting brass). Dosnt seem bent, just there's a little wiggle room in the sleeve where the rod goes into at the front of the cylinder. Any way to fix this, or is it supposed to be loose like that? The other revolvers we have have a little wiggle, but not that much. Is this okay to run the way it is? Or does it need a trip to FLA?

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anyone know if this revolver is rated for 32 H&R mag +P? or any +P loads?

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Do they make 32H&R mag +P?

·
Super Moderator
40,613 Posts
I don't think there is a true .32 H&R Mag +P. Buffalo Bore may make one, they like pushing the envelope. Personally I don't think it is needed with the .32 cal bullet.

·
Registered
24,808 Posts
Congrats on you new to you wheel gun.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations on a beautiful find!

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
Oh - that is gorgeous! And the 2nd best part about it is the Pach Compac grip!! I have one on my M85, but would LOVE to find another one - of course, they don't make them any more!!

Reactions: elPescador

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Now a couple of issues:

Compare this pic with the last one above. The cylinder release does not spring forward after cylinder is out, it just stays in whatever position you put it. It only pushes back when the cylinder is back in the frame. Is this supposed to be like this, or is a spring broken? My other revolver's release spring backward after releasing the cylinder:
32mag8.jpg

This is a few pics of the ejector rod. It wiggles some, and is sometimes a little difficult to push in, like its binding a little or scraping when pushing in (as in ejecting the brass). The pics show the space around the sleeve and the rod:
32mag6.jpg

32mag7.jpg

32mag5.jpg

Again, normal, or does this need repaired, and can a regular gunsmith do it, or will I have to send to Taurus? Is this something they would fix under warranty?

·
Super Moderator
40,613 Posts

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1 - 20 of 41 Posts