Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a local Gun shop here that have this in .40 Smith for 299.00....Pros and cons of this gun please....Thanks

·
Registered
80 Posts
100$ less than I paid for my 45. I love mine. The 40 is a little easier to find holsters for as it is just a hair narrower. If you can get used to the sights buy it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I live in Texas and I hear about all these people finding 24/7 Pros for 300+ Thats a hell of a deal, I paid
465$ for mine there must me a mark up here in Texas. But anyhow I dont really care its still a great gun.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Ask to check the trigger pull. These guns have no adjustment, so what it is, it is. But the same token, there is nothing else to buy except a holster and ammo. These guns will shoot from now until the day after tomorrow. And the $299 is a good price even if it's a first generation... screwed on sights and DAO.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Oops... helps to read the topic carefully... just my "sometimers" disease kicking in

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cimarron said:
Ask to check the trigger pull. These guns have no adjustment, so what it is, it is. But the same token, there is nothing else to buy except a holster and ammo. These guns will shoot from now until the day after tomorrow. And the $299 is a good price even if it's a first generation... screwed on sights and DAO.
Will do as far as the Trigger pull, shot my Brothers Millennium pro and really did not care for the long trigger pull........................

·
Registered
12 Posts
My 24/7 Pro 45 has just short of 500 round through it. So far it has been completely reliable. The grip is fantastic, the safety is where it should be and is easy to operate and the single action trigger pull is very good. I really like the sights as well. Moreso than I thought I would.
It is slightly thinner in the grip than my 1911 and holds 13 rounds. Slide width is slightly greater than my 1911 but not enough to be noticable when carrying. Accuracy seems excellent though I haven't benched it. The price is definitely right!

The main problem that I see is availability of hosters. If you don't mind kydex and have some basic tools and ability you can make your own holseters.

I really like this gun so far. As long as it holds up I think it will be a winner!

·
Registered
174 Posts
at that price you got nothing to lose, i scour the gun shows looking for those type of deals, if you don't like it, it is still worth at least that. buy it, try it, if you don't like it put it up forsale on this site, you won't own it long.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
For that price it is a steal! I love my 24/7 Pro 45 so much I bought a matching one last week. I have always wanted a matching pair of pistols and never thought I would find anything I loved enough to justify having 2 of the same gun, but I finally did in the 24/7 Pro

They can be tac drivers too ;D

12 shots 14 yards

1 - 10 of 10 Posts