Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Administrator
35,622 Posts
I'm not sure if you can find one, these are the lawsuit guns. If you do find one, you need to be aware of the lawsuit and that the gun isn't worth a penny more than $200. If you ever had to send it in to Taurus for repair, they wouldn't repair it, they would either replace it with a Mil Pro PT111 G2 or give you a cash payout of no more than $200.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Administrator
35,622 Posts
That generation of guns had a problem where it could possibly fire if dropped a certain way with the safety on or off.....also the safety wouldn't work right if you were applying slight pressure to the trigger while engaging the safety (yeah I know). While you thought the safety was engaged, it could possibly not be.

There are threads here ad nauseum regarding the lawsuit. You are offered a new PT111 G2, or a cash payout UP TO $200 - the actual payout may not be that much, it just depends on what the lawyers do. There is a website for registering an older 24/7 Pro or Mil Pro, if you want to be part of the lawsuit. You can google it.

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
That generation of guns had a problem where it could possibly fire if dropped a certain way with the safety on or off.....also the safety wouldn't work right if you were applying slight pressure to the trigger while engaging the safety (yeah I know). While you thought the safety was engaged, it could possibly not be.

There are threads here ad nauseum regarding the lawsuit. You are offered a new PT111 G2, or a cash payout UP TO $200 - the actual payout may not be that much, it just depends on what the lawyers do. There is a website for registering an older 24/7 Pro or Mil Pro, if you want to be part of the lawsuit. You can google it.

Does this include the 24/7 PRO DS in 9mm with a magazine holding 17+ total ??

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I believe it includes all of the 24/7 models. You can find a list of models here. Easier still, pull slightly back on the pistol's trigger and try to flick the safety on. If you can do that, you'll notice that the trigger does not return to its fully forward position, and that the pistol can be fired with the safety apparently engaged. Needless to say, do this with an EMPTY pistol.:D

If your pistol can be fired when the safety appears to be on, then it's one of the pistols covered by the class action suit.

ETA: The deadline for returning the pistol to Taurus, at their expense, is February 18.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
748 Posts
Yes. I had that exact model. I sent it to Taurus before the lawsuit settlement was announced. Taurus confiscated the gun and sent me a Gen 2 24/7. It did not work, either, so after a second tricot Miami I sold it.

·
Administrator
35,622 Posts
Apparently there is a serial number lookup or a model lookup on the lawsuit website, where you can check your gun. My understanding is that ALL guns of that generation are included.

·
Registered
36,871 Posts
my Taurus 24/7pro 45acp can anyone tell me what the average sell price is on 24/7 pro 45 in SS
PRO?? or Pro D/S?
the Pro is certainly an older one and I believe the second edition of the 24/7.
it likely will not make a lot of difference in price and like real estate will depend on your location but here if you can get 175-225 bucks for either then you will be about right.
old model gun, recalled gun, poor company reputation=Not a lot of buyers.

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
PRO?? or Pro D/S?
the Pro is certainly an older one and I believe the second edition of the 24/7.
it likely will not make a lot of difference in price and like real estate will depend on your location but here if you can get 175-225 bucks for either then you will be about right.
old model gun, recalled gun, poor company reputation=Not a lot of buyers.
mine is the Pro DS . I tried that trigger/safety technique to see if it would fire but I couldn’t get it to fire no matter what so mine must not be broke . It’s not my EDC , i just practice with it when i go to the range . Never had a problem except one time i went 3 range trips without cleaning it and at the end of practice the slide failed to lock back on last shot . Went home and cleaned it good and next range trip never did that again since then .

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
mine is the Pro DS . I tried that trigger/safety technique to see if it would fire but I couldn’t get it to fire no matter what so mine must not be broke . It’s not my EDC , i just practice with it when i go to the range . Never had a problem except one time i went 3 range trips without cleaning it and at the end of practice the slide failed to lock back on last shot . Went home and cleaned it good and next range trip never did that again since then .
I'm surprised that you can't get your pistol to fire with the safety on. The text at that first link I gave you doesn't mention the PRO DS model specifically, but the top video on this page does.

Of course, you can keep a pistol that has known safety defects and avoid disastrous legal consequences provided that you:

1) never let anyone else touch it,
2) never drop it, and
3) never try to use it as an actual weapon.:D

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
So use it as wall decoration lol
I opted to get something of value for my 24/7 PRO, but, as the Duke said, "Every man should do what he thinks best."

By the way, I was able to replicate both the false safety and drop fire problems with mine, using primed but otherwise empty cases. I put the safety on with the trigger pulled back to make it drop fire.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What did you get out of it? I didnt even know they had a problem til yesterday I keep mine loaded with one in the chamber and safety on for a couple years now

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Do the magazines for the PT24/7 PRO DS fit any of the new models ?? If so i can keep those and use again but if not then i wont need them if i send in my gun .

·
Administrator
35,622 Posts
I have two of the guns, a 24/7 Pro 9mm and a PT145. The PT145 is pristine, and I've never been able to duplicate the safety issue with it. The 24/7 Pro, though, is a different story. It's older, it has a ton of rounds through it, and I can definitely duplicate the safety issue. That's the one I will have to make a decision on regarding the lawsuit. The PT145, I'm keeping. It was my primary concealed carry for many years, and is still a really nice gun. But, I don't think it's a good idea to carry it daily, so I replaced it and its now relegated to range duty.

·
Registered
8,801 Posts
Do the magazines for the PT24/7 PRO DS fit any of the new models ?? If so i can keep those and use again but if not then i wont need them if i send in my gun .
Will not work in PT24/7 G2, but will work in PTxxx Millennium G2 amd Mil Pro although past grip about 3/4".

1 - 20 of 39 Posts