Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

(I know, the pictures are not the best ones, but I did not have the time this morning to find the right light setting to be able to make my Panasonic to focus right with close shots.)

I noticed a discoloration of the feeding ramp AND when I use a brass bruss to clean the carbon accumulated, it produces small scratches.

The first and third pictures shows clearly the small lines produced by my scrubbing.

The second and third pictures show clearly the "chrome color" is going away to be replaced by a bronze color. The last one is quite dark, but you see clearly the bronze spots.

http://picasaweb.google.com/kestak/Taurus247RampProblem

My question: Do I have to be concerned? I fired about 1000 shots in 6 soothings and cleaned it each time (7 cleanings total now). Do you have the same thing on your ramp too?

Thank you

·
Administrator
18,116 Posts
Never experienced this.

I recommend and use Nylon Bore Brushes. A light scrubbing with a Solvent soaked patch should be all that is required to remove carbon from the feedramp.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am researching 9 mm compact and sub-compact pistols. I was leaning toward the TAURUS 9 PRO Compact until I finished reading complaints on several web sites and blogs. This pistol seems to be as troublesome as the PT-111 9 mm compact. Well, maybe for a $100 more I can get a Springfield Armory XD sub-compact; haven't read about mechanical failures in those.

·
Super Moderator
21,631 Posts
I was unable to see your pics but go with the nylon brusht. I own an XD-9 and love it but I just boght a 24/7 Pro c DS in 45 because of its features. hope things work out for you keep us updated.

·
Administrator
35,532 Posts
I got this on the pictures:

500 INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR
Unable to process request.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I've ran probably 3-400 thru my 24/7c 9mm, with no problems. One round I can remember fired on second pull only, but other than that, no problems. Using various rounds, primarily, WWB, Wolf Military Classic, Remington JHP's, all at 115gr. Currently carrying this gun with Federal Hydra-shok 147gr. I've had no problems feeding these either. My ramp is always shiny, and I only use a cleaning patch with solvent on it to clean it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts