Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Taurus 24/7 45 cal, It shoots good, no jams etc. The first time out I had a problem with the magazine falling out. Realize it was my grip hand's thumb sometimes hitting the mag release.The next day I went back to the range after adjusting my grip and it shot great. Now I have to get used to a slightly diffrent grip. Anyone else had to do this?

·
Registered
25 Posts
With both PT92's and 92FS's I have to concentrate on not hitting the mag release with my middle finger. Don't know why though, as I've never had that problem with any other pistol. :???:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I had a bad magazine; used another and changed my grip/stance from weaver to combat focus shooting technique. Last time at the range I had No dropped magazines out of about 30 rounds.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So far I've probaly put 300 rds through this gun without any jams; I'm new to the 45 acp; other than the bad magazine I enjoy shooting this gun. One or two more trips to the range and I'll carry it some. 70% of the time I carry the PT 111 with a Bonds Defender Derringer in 357 mag as a bug.

·
Registered
80 Posts
JMJ2 said:
The first time out I had a problem with the magazine falling out. Realize it was my grip hand's thumb sometimes hitting the mag release.... Anyone else had to do this?
I bought a 24/7 pro .45 last week and shot it last night for the first time. I had the same problem but didn't realize the cause until after I left the range. I have several 1911 pistols which have a bit different grip in my hand. I will have to get back to the range to adjust my shooting grip.

Nunya

·
Registered
504 Posts
I have never had a problem hitting the mag release on my 24/7 pro 9mm and I have large hands.

·
Administrator
17,925 Posts
No problems hitting the magazine releases of either my 9mm 24/7 Pro Standard or my .45 24/7 OSS. Mag changes are quick!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Never had this problem, although I did have a habit of hitting the mag release on my S&W 22A, but only because it's in a goofy spot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts