Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

So I noticed the local gunstore prices have been dropping with the 24/7 G2. I have been interested in buying one, but with prices so close to other pistols, I was leaning those over the Taurus...

Now it has gained an edge in the price department.

Im wondering, has anyone here put a high round count through their G2 in a short period of time? I will be going through a couple hundred rounds a week and want to know how it's holding up after a lot of shooting. I can't find much on the web about torture tests done to the G2, but it seems pretty solid so far (after the trigger breaks in).

Also, is it possible to get the magazines without the floorplate extension? I see in the product catalog it has a magazine with a flat floorplate, yet all the ones I see that people have actually purchased, have the finger extension. Same goes with the ones in the local gun store.

·
Registered
145 Posts
In my opinion (I have about 400 rounds through my G2C .45) the more rounds you put through it the better it's going to run. Expect some feed issues in the first 500 rounds....expect to take it COMPLETELY apart a few times for cleaning and adjustments....expect to take the mag's apart a few times for adjustments and cleaning. It's rock solid in my book and like I said...I've only got 400 rounds through it so far.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Next month will be a year for my G2 40 and I have between 3000 - 3500 rounds through it without a problem. I even still have the plastic guide rod main spring but am going to get the steel one for a back up.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
About the floor plate I called Taurus and they said they don't stock them here yet but have some coming and to check every couple weeks to see if they are in yet. That extended floor plate is the biggest reason my gun ever prints because of how it protrudes I've never been big on finger rest extensions kind of defeats the purpose concealment IMHO.

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
I'm guessing true torture tests haven't happened because the G2's are still pretty new as far as the gun universe goes. You could torture one gun per day and still not make it through every make and model in a year. As far as pricing goes, the new CEO has been making some changes at Taurus and streamlining their product inventory on the U.S. side of things. So i think you're going to see alot of models at ready to sell prices for at least the next few months.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies guys! Does the manual come with detailed instruction on how to completely disassemble the G2? Or just a field strip?

I read a post a while ago on Buds that someone polished the trigger assembly and it helped a ton with any grit there may be.

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
Here's a link to the 24/7 G2 Manual PDF. Page 25 gives essentially field strip directions and recommends no further disassembly unless performed by a competent gunsmith.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
My 24/7 G2 40 has over 800 rounds in it since Thanksgiving and I have not had any problems except for 1 squibb round, can't blame the gun. The trigger really smoothed out around 500 rounds and is has really been a good performer. The only FTF I had was my fault since I did not seat the magazine completely again, not the guns fault. If the price is right I say go for it and pick one up.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Next month will be a year for my G2 40 and I have between 3000 - 3500 rounds through it without a problem. I even still have the plastic guide rod main spring but am going to get the steel one for a back up.
Are these steel guide rods available aftermarket or only through Taurus??

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have put around 600 rounds through it. I had to send it back to Taurus for repair after 100 or so rounds. The spent rounds were not ejecting properly, they were getting stuck by the ejector in such a way that th next round would chamber and then the spent case would try to go back into the berrel, but the next round was already there. I have I back from repair and wavent had a single issue with it after 300 - 400 rounds. I'm very pleased with it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts