Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 24/7 G2 40 cal and it sometimes fails to return to battery. I found several rough spots and smoothed them. I've chased about every avenue, but have begun to question the Extractor. It is extremely stiff. I wanted to remove it to clean behind it but can't figure out how to remove it. Can someone tell me how to remove the Extractor Axle and check it for issues?

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Did you pick this up new or as a pre owned pistol?

And Welcome to the forum!!
Is it every round? Tried different ammo brands?

Welcome aboard!

All the Best,
D. White

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northern Oklahoma.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This was purchased used, though the dealer originally thought it was new. It is cosmetically in remarkable condition. I have never seen a load ramp polished to that sheen. it would be easy to mistake for new.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This was purchased used, though the dealer originally thought it was new. It is cosmetically in remarkable condition. I have never seen a load ramp polished to that sheen. it would be easy to mistake for new.
And THANK YOU to all the welcomes to a newcomer!

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
This is a youtube video that will show you how to remove the extractor looks easy hope it helps

Reactions: taurustoter

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, Dogchild, that video really helps. I tried all sorts of things in that area, but not that. It is the same setup on my 24/7 G2. I'll give that a try. Much obliged.

Incidentally, if some of my replies show up twice, I apologize. I'm new and a bit clunky on how to reply properly.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Thanks, Dogchild, that video really helps. I tried all sorts of things in that area, but not that. It is the same setup on my 24/7 G2. I'll give that a try. Much obliged.

Incidentally, if some of my replies show up twice, I apologize. I'm new and a bit clunky on how to reply properly.
Welcome to the forum from Ft Worth,

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey, Thanks to all for the responses on my question about my 24/7 G2 not returning to battery ready to fire. Dogchild, that video did the trick. The setup on the PT111 is exactly like the 24/7. By pressing down on the spring loaded extractor axle, the extractor was easily removed. I expected trash behind it obstructing the movement, but it was clean as a whistle. So, I removed some minor burrs on the extractor and polished the contacting face to a mirror. I also just polished the side of the extractor some and easily filed a chamfer on the slide where the extractor is recessed to make sure there were no hangups. While I was polishing, I just hit the feed ramp and the inside of the firing chamber. The ramp was already quite good, but the chamber needed some attention.
I put everything back together and took the gun out this afternoon. Fifty rounds later, both rapid fire and slow deliberate shots and no hiccups. I was even using TulAmmo ammunition with those cruddy steel cases. It spit them through and landed every case within a 1-foot diameter circle. To say I am relieved and happy is to be guilty of the understatement of the month. I now feel confident in using it for an EDC. I had previously carried my CZ (either PO7 or PO1) but did not want to risk having them wind up in an evidence room for a couple of years if I had to use them in defense. The Tauruses I have had previously had been very accurate and reliable.......and the price is right. I feel I can now bet my life on this gun but won't lose the family farm if the police impound it.
Thanks again, everyone for the welcome and the help. Now, maybe my story will help someone else who gets a bargain that doesn't always work just right. Blessings all and keep it in the BULLS EYE.

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
Hey, Thanks to all for the responses on my question about my 24/7 G2 not returning to battery ready to fire. Dogchild, that video did the trick. The setup on the PT111 is exactly like the 24/7. By pressing down on the spring loaded extractor axle, the extractor was easily removed. I expected trash behind it obstructing the movement, but it was clean as a whistle. So, I removed some minor burrs on the extractor and polished the contacting face to a mirror. I also just polished the side of the extractor some and easily filed a chamfer on the slide where the extractor is recessed to make sure there were no hangups. While I was polishing, I just hit the feed ramp and the inside of the firing chamber. The ramp was already quite good, but the chamber needed some attention.
I put everything back together and took the gun out this afternoon. Fifty rounds later, both rapid fire and slow deliberate shots and no hiccups. I was even using TulAmmo ammunition with those cruddy steel cases. It spit them through and landed every case within a 1-foot diameter circle. To say I am relieved and happy is to be guilty of the understatement of the month. I now feel confident in using it for an EDC. I had previously carried my CZ (either PO7 or PO1) but did not want to risk having them wind up in an evidence room for a couple of years if I had to use them in defense. The Tauruses I have had previously had been very accurate and reliable.......and the price is right. I feel I can now bet my life on this gun but won't lose the family farm if the police impound it.
Thanks again, everyone for the welcome and the help. Now, maybe my story will help someone else who gets a bargain that doesn't always work just right. Blessings all and keep it in the BULLS EYE.
Glad you got it all fixed up! Welcome to the site. Oh, btw, even though I have ran some Tula through my guns in a pinch, I don't normally run steel through my handguns. It can be a little rough on the extractor. Cheers! ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts