Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not sure if this is the right area to post this but im thinking about buying a 24/7 G2 .45 and was wondering if its a good gun to buy.From what i seen i liked.I want a full framed gun.any suggestions would help.thanks!

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
I have not shot this one in 45 but I am really beginning to like mine in 40 cal. It is very comfortable to hold and now that it is starting to get broken in, it is getting smoother and so is the trigger. It does shoot nice but not as smooth as my PT99 but many others fall in this category. I held the 45 compact at a LGS the other day and the grip on that one was a little bit short for my liking. The full size feels similar to the 809 if you have had the opportunity to hold one of them.

If you get it, fully loading the magazine will be a little difficult without the loader that comes with it, however if you fully load it and leave it that way for a few days the springs will adjust and you should be able to fully load it by hand after that. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
As the frustrated but still happy owner of the G2-45 Compact, I can say that it is a "good gun". Even though I've had some repair issues, from what I've seen about them, I'm sure I was just 'lucky'. I'm even planning to get a full size to go along with my compact. It does take several hundred rounds and time with a snap cap to get the trigger smooth, but you'll have a familiar control lay out, and full ambi. IMHO, since you list two .40s in your tag line, I would suggest the G2-40 and keep ammo inventory simple. Good Luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.I will go check out the G2-40.My local Gun Shop doesnt carry G2 in stock so i will have to drive an hour to Bass Pro Shop since they have them in stock.I plan on buying one with my income tax.I will keep you guys posted and thanks again for the help

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Thanks guys.I will go check out the G2-40.My local Gun Shop doesnt carry G2 in stock so i will have to drive an hour to Bass Pro Shop since they have them in stock.I plan on buying one with my income tax.I will keep you guys posted and thanks again for the help
You are welcome. I'm all for supporting the local economy, but since you say you'll have to drive an hour to BPS, have you looked on line?? From what I've seen at various web sites, Bass Pro, Cabela's, Gander Mtn, etc. versus Bud's or KY Gun Co, you could probably save enough to cover the cost of the 'break in' ammo. Of course, you'll have to be patient for a few more days. :D

·
Registered
432 Posts
I held the G2 45 yesterday and I felt like it was a little uncomfortable in my hand anyway. I saw some guys shooting one and took a few shots myself, The trigger was pretty smooth but on my 5th round the gun stove piped! so I think I am gonna buy the PT111 9mm ( not sure what generation I want) or the PT140 Millennium Pro Bi Tone Or do you think a different model 24/7 would be better?

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I held the G2 45 yesterday and I felt like it was a little uncomfortable in my hand anyway. I saw some guys shooting one and took a few shots myself, The trigger was pretty smooth but on my 5th round the gun stove piped! so I think I am gonna buy the PT111BP-12 9mm or the PT140 Millennium Pro Bi Tone Or do you think a different model 24/7 would be better?
Well, not knowing the condition of the gun, ie. cleaned, lubed, etc. and the type of ammo, I wouldn't pass judgement based on 1 stove pipe. You say it wasn't comfortable in your hand, and I would consider that a 'higher priority'. An uncomfortable grip could have caused a limp wrist stove pipe. I don't have anything that isn't comfortable to start with, kinda like shoes. :D Hopefully you'll find something you're happy with.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I own the 45 full frame, overall I'm satisfied. I put on a pachmayr pull over grip for a bit of comfort, did the trick. The adjustable sights were a great touch and I am a fan of how it doesn't go into single action when racked, I like to carry in double action for safety.

1)Out of about 700 rounds I had one fail to feed, I emptied the last 6 of my tulammo into the mag and loaded the other half with wwb, it caught on the ramp with the first wwb when transitioning.
2)Might just be mine, but if I'm not careful when I take the safety off and push it too far down before releasing, the spring for the decocker can slingshot the safety right back into the on position. I've had to teach myself to not push the safety with a lot of force. Try it out when holding one for yourself.
3)A lot of my buddies HATE the trigger, it's not for everyone.

It's a decent gun, was a perfect fit for my budget at the time and given the choice I'd probably choose it again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts