Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,420 Posts
Love mine shoots great watch the mags not that sturdy I upgraded to Novak and Chip McCormick made a big difference :)

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
57 Posts
I absolutely LOVE my PT1911. I have put over 300 rounds through it already with no problems with firing. I did have a safety issue after reassembly but I had a smith replace it with a Wilson which I had planned on doing anyways.

Just got a holster from Nick over at nm-holsters and I love that too.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
I can't praise the PT1911 enough. :D In fact I like mine so much, that I want to add a stainless model at some point.
Now if they'd only make one in 10mm. :p

·
Registered
259 Posts
600+ rnds thru mine and it works like a champ. I've bought 2 10rnd McCormack mags to go along with the 2 factory mags, that I've had no problems with. Carry it around in a Blackhawk Serpa holster. Lot's of fun making cans dance!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Great gun. The best of my collection, but I haven't shot my PT92 yet.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
jonyrotten said:
45 forever, what are the grips on that 1911? i'm looking at one and i must have those grips
Sorry to butt in here. They are the same as mine. Pachmayr American Legends. http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=70713 The medallions do come loose eventually. I lost one of mine on a range trip and could not find it. Another thing you will have to get is different grip screws. http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/catsearch.aspx?k=1911 screws&ps=10&si=True Hope this helps. :thumb:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Bought my first PT1911 almost two years ago and liked it immediately.

Bought another, which my buddy talked me into trading him for a Hi-Power.

Replaced #2 with #3 shortly after.

Today I bought a PT1911SS to being me back to three PT1911's.

·
Super Moderator
22,420 Posts
Went to the range today and and happy as can be everyone that shoots it loves it. they all wonder why so many people trash Taurus . I try and let anyone who ask shoot it that dosen't look like a goof and they all are pleased never had a negitive coment. Got about 750 through it. Had a few mag issues at around 200 but they seem to have broke them selves in. todays group

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.