Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking for tritium sights not made by Heinie. Thanks!!! If I had to choose, I'd even be happy with just the front sight alone (that could be Heinie).

Can I use a standard trigger on it if fit? what springs won't be compatible with standard style springs?

What works better for your? Wilson, Tripp, or Chip Mags?

How does the factory black finish hold up to sweat? Should I duracoat or NiB it later? I can get duracoat done for free but would have to wait on Nickel Boron.

Does it use a standard 1911 sear?

I want to still be able to use the Hammer lock.

·
Registered
37,357 Posts
well if you don't want hienie?????- the Novak and msot of the big sight makers have them, if not listed just call them and talk to them, the dovetail angle/height is the only difference, as it is in a great many different brands.
try dawson precision as well, they make all types of trit sights.
as for your other questions, the PT1911 is a near mil spec 1911 like most brands so most any aftermarket parts will fit with some fitting of the parts.
I would mention that the PT1911 like most 1911's the parts/springs etc are kind of a matched factory package and so you might very easily end up with a worse pistol by random swapping of parts just to change the name of them.
enjoy and hope this has helped.

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
taurus sells the novaks sights ready to go @ 13.00 for rear and 6 for front whit white dots in them . I ordered a set dont forget allen set screws 2.00 i have heard metaform has great mags. My pistols are stainles so dont know about the finish

jhp

·
Registered
37,357 Posts
Taurus sells Tritium Novak sights for 13 & 6 dollars??
Thats got to be the best buy in the gun parts world.
That would be worth the 6 hour wait in the ordering Que Line!
You sure about this?
Lets see 4 taurus Pt1911 X 2 X 19 = heck i can swing that!

Reactions: oso

·
Registered
130 Posts
as for magazines, my OE magazines were flawless but I did change the innards out with Tripp Research conversion kits...makes them ultra reliable 7 rounders...I haven't had much luck with any 8 rounders but stock Taurus ones unless they were the type with the longer tube (like Trip Research Cobra Mags)....

Depending on when your pistol was made...you should be able to get Novak's for it (unless it was cut for the earlier Heinie's)...

I thought the factory black oxide finish on my PT1911AL slide would be weak but mine holds up fine unless you want a different look...leave it alone...in fact, I'd shoot the pistol as is for a bit and then decide what you really need...your early list may change once you have shot it a bit...that was the case with my first foray into 1911 pattern pistols...

Enjoy as I find the Taurus to be a nice 1911 pattern pistol that if you got it for a nice price just increases the smug factor!

Bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts