Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all-

i posted this over at the high road, and another member suggested i share here...enjoy.

i picked up a taurus 145 pro sa/da a while back. the heinie straight 8's shot a few inches low (common issue). i removed the front sight, and dremeled a novak cut dawson fiber optic front sight to fit the taurus dovetail. i installed the new front sight, which is a bit lower than the heinie. this corrected the poa=poi to be right on!

i also just received a FIST kydex #8 IWB holster. it conceals great.

with 10+1 and 500 rounds fired without and functioning problems, this will now replace my colt lw commander/vm2 combo on my hip.

what a great pistol and design. i hope someone will come out with night sights soon...id love a pair of TFO's on this little pistol.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Glad you came over and shared this with the Taurus fans I know you will have people asking all kinds of questions

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
I'd like to see this moved to the gun smithing section where it won't get lost. This are the things that make a forum worth having!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Muscles,

I have the same gun, rail and all, that you have, but my rear sight is not a Heine, that is dovetailed in. Mine has the standard screw down sights. Did yours come that way or did you have the slide machined to accept them??? The reason I ask this is because I have TFO's on my XD-45, and like you, would love to have them on my Taurus as well. I am also looking at installing them on my new 24/7.

tex

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hello tex-

mine came with dovetailed heinie "strait eight" 2 dot sights. they are dovetailed, but also utilize a set screw. hope that helps...

·
Registered
80 Posts
For your original screw on sight there are sights available from trijicon. They retail for about 130 but i bought a new set off of ebay for 80 delivered. TFO's are not offered.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
muscles said:
ill see if i can find the original documentation from dawson detailing the one i ordered.
I'd like to see the slide from top & height... I've been thinking of same but Heine is.200 & I'm thinking .150 front

·
Registered
149 Posts
muscles said:
hello all-

i posted this over at the high road, and another member suggested i share here...enjoy.

i picked up a taurus 145 pro sa/da a while back. the heinie straight 8's shot a few inches low (common issue). i removed the front sight, and dremeled a novak cut dawson fiber optic front sight to fit the taurus dovetail. i installed the new front sight, which is a bit lower than the heinie. this corrected the poa=poi to be right on!

i also just received a FIST kydex #8 IWB holster. it conceals great.

with 10+1 and 500 rounds fired without and functioning problems, this will now replace my colt lw commander/vm2 combo on my hip.

what a great pistol and design. i hope someone will come out with night sights soon...id love a pair of TFO's on this little pistol.

I just called Novack's to see if they now had any sights for the Taurus pistols, the person I talked to said that in 4-6 weeks they would have the fiber optic sights for the PT 1911 for the public, I don't know if they will fit the PT 145 Pro 3rd gen, but I thought I read somewhere on the board that Pt 1911 and PT 145 dovetails had the same dimensions, can someone tell us if this is correct?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts