Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased my first Taurus, and it was also my first handgun smaller than a 9mm. I got the Taurus PT-22. Shot about 200 rounds, and to my surprise not one problem(using CCI's). I have been looking around and cannot find a holster for the PT-22. Does anyone know where i could get a leather belt or paddle holster for my new .22 If i cannot find one my last resort will be to get one custom made. Any information where to get one will be a real help.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I only use IWB holsters for my PT22, and the one that works nice is the AKER #134. They may also have a belt holster that will work.

http://www.akerleather.com/

For a custom made, check this out.

http://www.kdholsters.com/

Glad you like your PT22. The CCI mini mags are my round of choice, as these guns can be finicky sometimes. Nice little rimfire pistol for the money. They like to be clean, however. Good idea to run a patch with a little oil down the barrel after about 50 rounds. Then it should be ready to rock. Welcome to the forum. Hope you find a holster that works for you.

mfm

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MFM,
Thanks a lot for posting those sites for me to check out so quick. So far the only complaint i have is that when i got it, it seemed a little to lubed up, real oily, but im guessing its from the gun shop cleaning it and getting it ready for me to take, because as soon as i stripped it and wiped it down it was fine, didnt get oily again.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I know what you mean about the oil. I actually have two of these, one is the wife's. Mine is the blue version and hers is the nickel. Hers came in a plastic bag, totally dripping with grease. Even under the grips. Took a while to clean it all out. My had a lot of oil as well, but not as much as hers. I did have to send hers back to the factory one time for some "adjustments", and when they returned it, once again it was in a plastic bag , dripping with grease and oil. Took forever to clean it up again. I guess that;s how they package them. Maybe they think they might spend some time on the shelf at some gunshop and thats a way to preserve the metal. Who knows? The mags can be picky on these as well. Taurus replaced both mag bodies on the nickel gun because they weren't feeding right. Only use Taurus factory mags, the aftermarket stuff doesn't work in the PT22. I have a couple on the shelf that I should have never bought (Pro Mag). The followers come up too high and jam the slide open on the last round. Both of mine needed a little finish work, polish the feed ramp and the slide rails to reduce friction. I like the little guns. They are fun and cheap to shoot. And of course, come with a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Since the pt-22 is a true "pocket pistol", I carry mine in a Uncle Mikes #3 pocket holster. The same holster also works for the Ruger SP101 which is my daily CCW.

·
32,653 Posts
Ron is right and....... it's cheaper than other holsters but works well. There is something to say about a really good holster and Aker are hard to beat. Just depends o what one needs or wants. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts