Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doses anyone own this gun? and how is it? I'm thinking of buying this to shoot lead bullets since my glock dosent like lead.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I have it in black and carry it as well as have it in a desk drawer. I have not had any issues with the 905. The stellar / moon clips are always a conversation. I have learned that you can save the clips if you roll or twist the round in and the casings out. Kinda like they are threaded and you are screwing them in and out of the clips. If you force or push the rounds into the clips you will bend or spring the opens and then the rounds will not stay snug in the clips. If the round can slid then you could incurr a cylinder lock up. You can fire it without the clips, I have done so as a test, but then you need a small screw striver or pencil to extract the casings. Like I said I tried it but won't do it unless its was an emergency. I order a bunch of the clips from Taurus and haven't used but a few of them. I like the fact that I can keep extra clips loaded and they are easier to use than speed loaders for my 38 snubby. I also found a pill bottle that will hold an extra loaded clip that I can pocket carry. My wife also likes the 905 since it has a very mild recoil. I have also been know to carry it IWB when I have my sweats on around the yard, it's light weight makes it easy to manage when I wear cargo shorts. If you can tell I have no regrets and if I trip over another one on my pawn ship travels it might just follow me home.

Reactions: whodog

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
Another thing you can do with the 905, that you can't do with any 9mm semi auto pistol; is fire 380ACP ammo.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Another thing you can do with the 905, that you can't do with any 9mm semi auto pistol; is fire 380ACP ammo.
YEP -- but damn 380 is too expense.... the other thing you can do is POLICE your own brass in the event of a home defense shooting!!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
do you have to use those moon clip thingys for a 9mm revolver? im intrigued....i might want a 9mm revolver.............

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
do you have to use those moon clip thingys for a 9mm revolver? im intrigued....i might want a 9mm revolver.............
Yes you do.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yes you do.
Well.... you don't have to use them to fire the gun.... mine will fire without the stellar clips, but it is helpful for ejection of the casings. Might not make a habit of it, but nice to know it will if need be. I have fired it with no stellar clips and then opened the cylinder, pointed the gun up and tapped the grip in my other palm and most if not all the empty casings fell out. A finger nail or empty casing will get the other sticky ones out.

Have not (yet) fired .380 from my 905 9mm revolver, but that is a great advantage. I have a .380 pocket gun and that is nice to have another option to use the .380 ammo if need be.

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
Well.... you don't have to use them to fire the gun.... mine will fire without the stellar clips, but it is helpful for ejection of the casings. Might not make a habit of it, but nice to know it will if need be. I have fired it with no stellar clips and then opened the cylinder, pointed the gun up and tapped the grip in my other palm and most if not all the empty casings fell out. A finger nail or empty casing will get the other sticky ones out.

Have not (yet) fired .380 from my 905 9mm revolver, but that is a great advantage. I have a .380 pocket gun and that is nice to have another option to use the .380 ammo if need be.
Just my $.02 but I wouldn't want to try to reload like that for self defense use.

·
Registered
69 Posts
No, not the ideal method... but had to test it for "in a pinch" situations. I wish Taurus would send me my backordered stellar clips.....

·
Registered
5,358 Posts

Speed loader works fine, from what I've heard. But you still have the ejection fun...
I shot 1 .380 out of my 905, and will not shoot anymore. The case swelled to fit the extra space and was hard to extract. Also, I believe the case was not useable for reloading. And that's why my daughter has the m380, a .380 revolver...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts