Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Helllo. I recently bought a used Tasco Optima 2000 to put on my pt1911 and it did not come with a manual so i am unsure on how to zero the sight. If anyone knows could you please let me know. I live on the wisconsin- Illinois border and this is my first post so howdy.

·
Super Moderator
35,538 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Czechbikr but i forgot to mention that this red dot sight is no longer being made so it was not on the link you provided.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
I looked a bunch of places and couldn't find a manual for your sight. I think that the best thing to do is e-mail Tasco and ask for one.

·
Super Moderator
35,538 Posts
Thanks Czechbikr but i forgot to mention that this red dot sight is no longer being made so it was not on the link you provided.
I saw that also but thought that many companies will keep basic designs and tweak them, putting another model name/number on it to differentiate the piece. Maybe take a look at some of the red dot manuals and look for similarities.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think j-point either took over or bought out optima. I have a couple of j-point red dots and they work great.
You might try their website or better you call tech support. They have great service.

JP Rifles

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have 2 of them. one on my .45 and one on my .22plinker. Also i can send you a copy of the owners manual or the extra if i can find it. Just shoot me an e-mail or something. [email protected] Or i can post some picks tonight after work if you like. The adjustments are done with a very small allen wrench. top center rear for elevation. and on the right side is the same allen for windage.

·
Registered
12 Posts
ok so i got an e-mail and cant get any reply back so im posting it here. http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb23/kzrider/IMG_1936.jpg Now this is not my instruction book. im still looking for it. If its here i will dig it up. Hopefully tomorrow. A little advice. A touch of a turn will go a long freaking way bud. You should be able to download and just use your picture viewer to rotate or Press ctrl button and move your mouse wheel forward and back to enhance.

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
Shouldn't there be allen key holes at 12 o'clock and 3 o'clock? That's the usual locations for most red dots i've seen, much like a normal rifle scope.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes its a metric allen. you have to unlock the windage on the left side. Then adjust your windage with the allen bolt on the right side. Turning it clockwise moves the bullet inpact right. So in Montkun terms. If im thinking right.
As you look through the scope.
9 o'clock is the locking screw
Loosen that before adjustments to
3 o'clock windage
12 o'clock elevation
No disrespect in any way bud. That actually was an easier way of explaining it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If your having problems seeing this pic. Hold the ctrl button while scrolling your mouse wheel forward. Should magnify everything.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks Kzrider !! Don't know if you still ck this forum, but your Optima2000 manual pics saved the day !!! My sight's battery finally died, and no-way could i find that manual. Had totally forgot how to get to it!! Thanks again JeffD Bakersfield,CA

1 - 20 of 21 Posts