Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Boys and Girls, I just got off the phone with Taurus customer service. What a great experience. I expected to talk to a grumpy, uncooperative clerk from Turkey or some third world country.
I talked to a very nice lady named Susan who was very helpful and pleasant. So you folks that complain about poor CS talk to her.
I ordered a rear sight for my PT745. I am getting accostomed to the Heinie 8's but I want to try the new three dot sight. What I found is the new sights are just for the rear unless I misunderstood her. So I will be getting just the rear sight.
Mine is a dove tailed sight. The replacement rear sight part # is 26027399 plus the screw 26025221. About $16.oo shipping included.
She said they can take a return if it doesn't fit.
I should get it in a few days.
I also discussed the loose magazine problem. They are out of stock on the magazines. She said to send the old ones in one at a time and they would see if they could fix or replace it. Or I could send the entire gun in. I'm not keen on sending it in yet. I think I will put up with it until or if it gets worse.
Anyway I hope this helps you folks that want a new sight.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Taurus customer service is definitely one of the reasons I continue to buy their fine products.

I'm glad you had a positive experience with them.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
They've been good to me too.

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
9,166 Posts
I bought my 945 used, it made the trip to Miami for me already. No serial on the barrel or slide, only original number is the lower of the weapon. Shoots like a dream and is my daily carry, so as far as i'm concerned it's a keeper for me. Should i ever need to contact them, i'll be sure to post my experience.

·
Registered
29,862 Posts
Glad to see more positive stories being posted about the CS.

So far my experience has been the same on the few times I've had to call.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Here's another real positive encounter with Taurus Customer Service. I picked up a used M44C Tracker through our local concealed carry forum and after putting 25 rounds through it (180 grain PMC JHP) it appeared to be not holding zero. First thing to do was check the stability of the rear sight and sure enough, it was loose on the pin and wound move right & left a bit. It seemed liked the elevation pivot pin was too small for the hole in the sight and allowed too much side to side motion. (Not the windage adjustment part, but the whole sight assembly).

Made a post on this forum to see if there was a fix for this and was advised to call Taurus. I did that and the guy I spoke with said, "It ain't supposed to do that, what's your address?" No questions about what dealer I bought it from or how long I'd had it or anything. Said he was sending a new rear sight assembly. He did ask for the serial number which gave him the fact that it was manufactured in 2011. The warranty states that they don't warranty grips or sights (past one year) so evidently that part was still in warranty.

I've dealt with Springfield Armory, Smith and Wesson and Savage's warranty/customer service departments as well, and Taurus has been, by far, the nicest to work with. Savage runs a close second and I won't go into the gory details of the other two.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Glad to hear all the nice comments about Taurus customer service.
I had a few issues with my 970 and sent it to them last week.
I bought the gun at Bud's and they are shipping it to Taurus at no
charge to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts