Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stumbled upon this website today while doing research on the millennium pro.

I'm the proud owner of a Taurus 24/7 Pro in S&W .40

LOVE the gun. I've put close to 3000 rounds through it with only 2 fail to fire, one of which did fire on the second trigger pull. The other was more than likely a bad primer, as the hammer struck the primer perfectly.
No fail to ejects either.

This is my first handgun, and I'm VERY happy with it. The feel is nice.
Me personally, I have fat hands, with short fingers. It was very hard to find a gun that really felt comfortable in my hands. I knew from the second I picked this gun up that it was the one.

I rented one from the range, and put about 100 rounds through the rental and bought it that day.

The gun is very easy to field strip and clean. I have cleaned it every time I've shot the gun and I think that has alot to do with the reliability I've had.

I did have a problem with the gun when I first bought it. If I manually moved the action back, and then eased it to cocked position, it would get hung at the least 3mm of movement. Never hung while firing, or if I let it hit home by the spring action. This went away after about 1200 rounds so I'm not complaining.

The gun is very accurate at 7 yards with a grouping of about 1 to 1.5 inches with about 1.5 seconds between fire. I'm by no means a good shot, as anything past 35 feet will show, but for self defense situations, I'm happy with the 7 yard accuracy.

I'm going to do some reading here, as I'm now looking for my CCW weapon, and I'm really hard pressed between the millennium pro in .45 acp and the glock 36 (slim). I haven't been back to the range to look at the two side by side, but I think the glock 36 is a bit smaller. I will most likely carry this weapon IWB and my daily attire is khaki's with either a button up shirt or polo shirt tucked in, so a shoulder harness or others won't work.

I had a chance to fire my friend's glock 30, but being that it was a double stack mag, It was far too wide for my short fingers.

I have yet to fire the millennium as my local range does not have one to rent.

Anybody in the raleigh area feel like going to the range and letting me put a few rounds through? :)

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome aboard, we're glad to have you with us. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Best Wishes

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Welcome From Arizona :wave:

Glad that you are here..look around and have fun :D

·
Registered
296 Posts
Welcome from Delaware.
Glad you like the 24/7. If your shooting well with it, I(being biased) would suggest the MilPro. Have a PT-45 myself, along with the PT-111 and like both guns a lot.
With the description of your hands the MilPro might be a better fit. From what I hear the Glocks feel rather thick. :eek:

·
Registered
18,492 Posts
:smile: Hi and welcome aboard from nw PA! :hello:

·
Registered
29,846 Posts
Welcome aboard from the "GunShine"state of Florida.

State of over 2 MILLION 21 THOUSAND Concealed Carry Licenses and counting!

·
Administrator
39,379 Posts
The OP hasn't been here in about 12 years. Time stamps folks.

Closed.

Reactions: taurustoter
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.