Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put one of these on their SKS? Pros and cons, looking to put one on my Yugo.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Has anyone put one of these on their SKS? Pros and cons, looking to put one on my Yugo.
Mine came with it. The stock and magazine works well.
There's step by step instructions all over the web.
I have had mine apart numerous times because I also received a mote carlo stock with it.
Really nothing to it.
Can't think of any cons. It really works well and is durable.

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
I like mine although the stripper clip loading through the top no longer works with the Tapco removable mag. I'll just have to buy and carry additional mags, rather than just a few stripper clips. I bought this SKS many years ago and cut down the stock for my then young boys to deer hunt. They are all grown now so I redid it with the Tapco stock. Now the youngest wants to reclaim it.

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
I like mine although the stripper clip loading through the top no longer works with the Tapco removable mag. I'll just have to buy and carry additional mags, rather than just a few stripper clips. I bought this SKS many years ago and cut down the stock for my then young boys to deer hunt. They are all grown now so I redid it with the Tapco stock. Now the youngest wants to reclaim it.

Hey GreenWolf, did you buy that from a guy (me) in SW Alabama?
That sure looks like my old one. Chinese SKS right?

·
Administrator
35,507 Posts
Here you go......I took my Romanian (I won't call it Romy :D ) SKS and put a Tapco Fusion stock on it. Everything is pretty straightforward, good installation instructions, the only 'trick' is the new hardware on the gas tube cover. You have to tap out the existing pin (I used an awl) and tap in the Tapco pin after you replace everything. It took me a while to get it done, because I have big fingers and its a tiny pin, but after that it was all downhill.

Some pics......the only thing I've done since these pics were taken is put a red dot scope on the gas tube rail. Haven't gotten a chance to take it to the range to sight it in yet.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
I had one on my SKS as well. It is a pretty sturdy stock for the money. I had no problems, and I never heard of anyone having things go bad with their Tapco stock either.

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Hey GreenWolf, did you buy that from a guy (me) in SW Alabama?
That sure looks like my old one. Chinese SKS right?
No, I bought it new over 20 years ago here in north Alabama and I think it is a Chinese SKS with a milled receiver.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts