Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was at Cabellas today and they had tan instead of the black with the ss slides. Where do these come from taurus? I noticed in another thread someone bought pink ones. Just curious what colors were available or where they come from.

·
Registered
438 Posts
at my cabellas the black and tan are available, the tan is limited edition and cabellas special only, the pink ones are a gander mountain specil only. and yes they are from taurus, im not sure if that was what you were asking

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep answers my question thanks, would like to get a tan one but not paying the cabellas inflated price.

·
Registered
438 Posts
i bought a tan one at cabellas on the 24th and it was only 319.00 compared to other stores being 379.00 this is in boise idaho

·
Registered
44 Posts
I got a tan/black pt111 locally for 289.00 out the door, with extra mag. That was this summer. He got 4 of them, and sold them for thta price. The regular black ones were a little more. But yeah, very cool!

·
Registered
438 Posts
ya my gun cam with 3 mags and i apparently was mistaken about tan being cabellas only, that is my fault i saw that on the cabellas add and assumed it was true when they said cabellas only special, guess i was wrong sorry

·
Registered
26 Posts
Last week I got a Tan PT140 off Gunbroker.com for $289, plus $18 delivery and transfer fee. Total OTD was $332, not too bad. I saw them at Cabela's here in Mich in December on sale for $299. The last time I checked Cabela's they were $379, and was told they same thing, the tan are only available through Cabela's. I was also told that by a Rep at Taurus, but I guess they are not selling enough of them at Cabela's so they began to push them to distributors to sell to gun shops. Any way, I do like th e color, but I think the ones I saw at Cabela's were not as dark tan as the one I got. Anyone see lighter color tan ones?

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Gander Mt. had the Tan/Blued ones a while back.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
The tan certainly makes the pistols look a little more distinctive. It appears that some of the 24/7 OSS models will be released with tan frames as well. I'm getting black though. :D

·
Registered
124 Posts
Isn't there some kind of paint or process which you can have your slides/frames painted (or dyed?) Seems like I remember someone doing it to a Ruger P95 at THR.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Those ones grom Buds are NOT tan in color. I bought a PT140 in December and asked them before I bought it, if in fact it WAS tan, they assured me it WAS. It it more of an olive drab color instead. I could not be any happier with it as is. It eats everything it is fed and is a great CCW piece. I put the Williams Firesights on mine and love it even more.

·
Registered
438 Posts
ya my gun is a lighter tan than some of the others i have seen

·
Registered
65 Posts
sel366 said:
Those ones grom Buds are NOT tan in color. I bought a PT140 in December and asked them before I bought it, if in fact it WAS tan, they assured me it WAS. It it more of an olive drab color instead. I could not be any happier with it as is. It eats everything it is fed and is a great CCW piece. I put the Williams Firesights on mine and love it even more.
dualshotty said:
ya my gun is a lighter tan than some of the others i have seen
I purchased a Millenium PT Pro 140 in tan, yet mine is the darker color (more of an olive drab) like you are stating.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I could be wrong but I think the OP was saying he saw a tan and stainless not tan and black, that could be something just that store has like GM has the pink and stainless

I sure would like to see a tan and SS , I did a photoshop of what it would look like and i would like to have one now

photoshop

·
Registered
65 Posts
Agreed. We did get a little bit off topic there, but I still contend that my PT140 Pro is more Oilve Drab... And, I love the look of that SS/Tan (in the true Tan color).

·
Registered
212 Posts
Nice use of photoshop and imagination! I never would've thought of SS and tan, but it's a great combination! Figures, I just bought one in black/black.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts