Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
24,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:thumb::thumb:

I have a Walther Creed that I use as a bedside gun and it moved in my hand, more than a wind sock in a hurricane, so I bought some rubberized Talon grips for it.

I installed them yesterday and you can't tell them from an original grip. I just followed the directions and it worked out perfectly. No more slipping and sliding. They're not over aggressive. I'm now a fan!

·
Administrator
35,714 Posts
Did you take it to the range yet? Let us know how they handle.

·
Premium Member
13,621 Posts
I've used Talon grips on a number of polymer framed handguns, most recently my Sig P365 and a smooth sided 80% Glock frame. They feel great, just the right amount of grip, and I've never had them come loose on any gun.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
+1 on the Talon Grips. :thumb: Had them for years on my SR9C. They're thin enough that they don't change the size or feel, but really add texture.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I have the rubberized Talons on several of mine - mostly the sub-compacts. I've used them to increase my grip and decrease a grip's abrasive qualities too. They have been very durable for me so far. Good choice.

·
9,093 Posts
Ditto on traction grips, about half the cost of Talon and IMO just as good. I put the rubber texture on most of my poly grip guns. I also order the grip tape in sheets to form back/front straps as well.

Reactions: darbo

·
Super Moderator
20,082 Posts
No, but I fondled it last night, while watching TV
I'll take it to the range next weekend
You still talkin’ bout the Walther?:icon_ poke:

I put Talons on all my Glocks. Great feel and, believe it or not, some softening of felt recoil.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
How do those Talon grips hold up to cleaning solutions like Hoppes #9?

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
RT...excellent shooting with your Creed! DH and I (well, I supervised!) put Talon grips on our Security 9 today and we are taking it to the range tomorrow afternoon. I wanted something that would improve my grip on the gun, but wouldn't change the size of the gun's grip!;)

Reactions: rollin thunder

·
Registered
24,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Sekol, you'll be a fan of theirs. I'm going to look into the Traction Grips, because I'm a cheap old bastage and if they work for half the price, all of my plastic pistols may get them

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
How do those Talon grips hold up to cleaning solutions like Hoppes #9?
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I don't get much on the grips. While cleaning, I hold the grip with towel or paper towels in hand. Mine still look good as new, but I don't get out to play as often as I'd like.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts