Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just recently got one from grabagun.com.
Nice gun. Just a little over 31 ounces. It’s quite a handful to shoot. I did get the Hogue grip for it but haven’t tried it yet. The ribber wasn’t too bad but I have the Hogue on a GP 100 and really like it

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I owned one in the past and a Rossi version ... They ran great with factory 44 Mag .. a bit lively , but fun..,

·
Registered
11 Posts
Started with 11 grains of Longshot and 240 grain Rainier jacketed hollow point. Worked up to 12 grains and it’s got a good hit. Plan on using some of my full up H110 and Lil Gun loads. Should be interesting��

·
Registered
107 Posts
Moto a picture in the dark of the 296 and LG loads might be quicte intersting !! That thing is a mighty mite for sure !! I have a 4" Tracker in 44 and it is quite accurate with mid level 44 loads.
Jeff Quinn of Gun Blast had a nice article on the 44 mag tracker , interesting read.

·
Registered
107 Posts
nice flash. I use 34/296/150XTP in my 454 Bull and it also makes quite a flash ! I bet the little shorty gives a flash that looks like you stuck your hand in a fire ball.

·
Registered
11 Posts
4A61AC6D-A925-4537-979D-B4BD88459E53.jpeg
here is the Talo sporting the new Hogue grip. I really like the front sight.

What frame size would you compare It to? It seems bigger than a K but smaller than an L?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just got a 44 tracker 4" thursday been to the range twice, very accurate with 44 spl ,not so much with full power loads , but I bought it for bear defense and will keep practicing with full power 300 gr loads till I feel confident to carry in alaska bear country, shot about 60- 70 rounds so far ,after about 15 full power loada the cylinder starts to bind from lead build up at the forcing cone but other than that no problems, one thing that I was disappointed about was the red on the front site came off when I cleaned the gun after the first range session. It was a piece of vinyl Stick on decal type thing WTF ,I filled the depression with yellow paint ,seems to work but I prefer red, will change it out soon, overall impressed with the tracker, I also replaced the ribber with the Hogue ,big improvement

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
View attachment 451667
here is the Talo sporting the new Hogue grip. I really like the front sight.

What frame size would you compare It to? It seems bigger than a K but smaller than an L?
Im not really sure about the frame size of the Tracker 44/357 ... Taurus lists them as "Compact" .. I have thought of them of being similar to the "K" frame size ?

I know that the frame size of a 357 Tracker is smaller than the Taurus 66

I know at one time a TA member mentioned the Taurus 66 as being similar to the S&W L frame

1 - 14 of 14 Posts