Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all. I am new to the forum but not Taurus firearms. I recently succumbed and purchased a 2 1/2 chamber, 3 in barrel blue Judge. I have a Gaucho in 45 Colt so I tried some of those loads (200 gr lrn at about 1000fps). This load hits POA at 20 yds with the Gaucho but is hitting about 4 in high with the Judge at the same distance. Is there a higher front sight available? While I know it is designed primarily for 410 shells, I would like to know it hits POA with the Colt ammo.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have noticed the same thing with mine. I shoot 255gr cowboy loads and it shoots really high. I think the problem is the fiber optic front sight. I think if you put the top of the front sight even with the top of the back sight it hits pretty close to POA, but when you do that you only see half or less of the fiber optic dot. When you put the fiber optic dot in the center of the back sight notch (which seems most natural) is when it shoots so high. I don't know if they desinged it to use the sights for 45s and the dot for 410 or what but I'm not crazy about the sights either. I've thought about just getting rid of the fiber optic front sight all togeather and just getting a plain one and painting it a contrasting color.

Let us know what you come up with.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Not normally a 20 or 25 yd shooter, but from 10 yds to 15 yds, with my 6 inch 2.5 cylinder JUDGE, I was able to make one ragged hole, just left of the bullseye, Using a hold with the sights so I could see the fiber fully. Of course, I was using full power 45 colts not cowboy loads, in 200 and 255 gr.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts