Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking lunch break and wander on over to the Gander Mountain that just happened to be the next store over:p how weird is that? Anyway go over to the used gun section and find this!!!

A model 905 9mm...2012 year.

Very reasonable adoption fee. Barely has the "used" cylinder ring.

One next to my all day every day model 85 carry gun.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
congrats, they do look good together. :thumb:

Reactions: FZ1

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
Taking a lunch break is definitely a good thing! the pictures are really nice - let us know how it shoots! Hope you get to go to the range this weekend!

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Congrats. That is healthier than a Big Mac any day.

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
Yea I know Less filling and taste great.. Nice shooting iron..

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I stopped going to LGS aftrer work I always carried something to the truck usually ammo or mags or a holster or......I think I will stop by tomorrow!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Well got to get a quick shoot in this AM. Thunder, rain, and lighting. So I guess you could consider this as pressure shooting. 8 yards 124gr HP 20 rounds. Not bad with the factory springs. Will see what some Wolfe springs and internals polished up do. Never could figure the horses out. They have a covered area to go under...just never do:deadhorse:

Attachments

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
Good shooting FZ1!! Yep - our horses were crazy, too - never came in out of the weather unless it was icing!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok so I skipped lunch today and it happened again. This time a bigger all round wheel gun jumped in my truck. Didn't have the heart to kick her out.

608 8 3/8'' 8-shot:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dang!! Nice finds!! You need to take us along on these adventures.

Congratulations on finding both revolvers!!
Got an iPhone a few months ago and got an app called "near me". Have found ammo at decent prices and a few good deals on firearms.
Best part is people don't think Taurus is making great guns. Talked the guy $50 off his asking price and his asking price was fair. Walk softly and carry cash!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok couldn't wait to get home to shoot it. Braved a 10' gator and found ammo...both a struggle. Found a range in the area had to buy the ammo there Fiocchi 142gr FMJ. Sent it out to ten yards (1st pic). Four nice groups. Then 15 yards two ok groups (2nd pic) then close to 20 yards one ok group. Gotta say a pretty sweet gun.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
FZ1- that 608 is a beauty!!Great shooting, too! Pistol folks don't know what they are missing with these great revolvers that have character! I'm wondering how heavy that 608 really is; my favorite target shooting revolvers are 7 + 8 inches long, but DH just got this ginormous Ruger Redhawk (44 mag) that I really can't control at all, but I like to shoot 38's from 6 and 7 inch 357 revolvers and can control those just fine! Enjoy your two new finds -hope your range buddy goes and befriends someone else next time!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts