Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been waiting 6 weeks now for a simple hammer spring for my .357 Tracker. I have called 4 times and been told something different each time. Not good. May not seem like long compared to some waits but for a simple spring I thought it would get here by now. I don't understand why a simple spring would be in stock. :mad:

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
When you call on those kind of things, I always get the name of the person I talked too, so when I call back I ask for them personally. If not there, or get a song and dance, ask for a supervisor or department manager.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll try that Robby thanks. I was just hopin I might get the same answer twice from them. Wishful thinking I guess.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
6 weeks isn't bad. I've had my PT745 in there since Jan 10th. It'll be 12 weeks tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I'm gl
dmanbass said:
I feel a lot better now. Thanks :eek:
I'm glad I could help. Except now you'll probably figure you'll have to wait another 6 weeks. If I get ambitious tomorrow, I think I'll call Miami and see what's up.

·
Administrator
40,674 Posts
Excellent signature, thunderjohn. Just noticed it. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I just called and Taurus said it's done and they were waiting for an FFL from my dealer.
How long has it been done? Don't know yet. My dealer filled out a form from Taurus when he sent the gun in and enclosed his FFL which they had asked for. Apparently it got lost or something. I'm wondering how long they would wait before asking for the FFL. I would imagine the repair form will show a completion date when it comes back.
I should have checked sooner, but I wasn't in a hurry, so kinda forgot about it.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
dmanbass, I read your sig and no doubt, the best Val Kilmer performance ever, and one of the best ever in Hollywood. Great sig!

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
98C5 said:
I've been waiting 5 months for a safety on my blued 1911.
Sounds like Taurus has dropped the ball on this one. I would call, explain the situation and try to get a firm commitment from the CS rep. If they will not commit, I would nicely ask to speak with a supervisor. Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
8 weeks and my spring is still on back order. I called today and the lady in parts told me it is supposed to be in around the end of the month. I asked if three different answers was policy and she said no but when something is delayed from their vendor thay are at their mercy. Then she told me "if we order like 5000 parts from a vendor and the order cannot be shipped complete they hold the rest of the order until every part is ready to ship at one time". I told her that is insane and we had a good laugh over it together. I am glad I have a sense of humor. I dont know what to believe about when I will get the spring.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just called for a parts supervisor. Nice lady in reception said sure and transferred me. The recording I got said "please leave a message for ID number 238". So, I did.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I just ordered the dern spring from W.C. Wolff (in stock) Stock #: 17190
REVOLVER SHOOTERS PAK $10.50 ... probably be here in a few days. Not only do I get the hammer spring but I get two other hammer springs AND two trigger springs. Guess it's not hard for W.C. Wolff to have a few springs handy!

1 - 20 of 66 Posts