Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I need to lube the cylinder of my 461.I can get the cylinder crane out,but can't get the cylinder off the "axel"....how do I do it?The only expierence I have is with a Ruger,and that was easy......this has me stumped.

·
Registered
36 Posts
It should come right off. If you unscrew the screw on the side, the crane comes forward & the cylinder should come off. Try urning it a 1/2 turn or so. I always take mine apart to clean it.

·
32,527 Posts
One caveat. Use the right size and type of screwdriver to to remove the screw. Otherwise it is to easy to bung up the screw to the point of needing replacement entirely. Or the screw driver might not have enough bearing service for the tool to effectively apply enough force to cause the screw to move. Then the screw will have to be drilled out and replaced. When putting the screw back in, be sure to tighten the screw up with out over exertion on the screwdriver. This would strip the threads on the screw.

·
Super Moderator
35,064 Posts
You must unscrew the ejector rod and the cylinder will come off the crane. Be careful not to lose the spring and parts. It should be a left hand thread, so that might be what's goofing you up.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finaly got around to the cleaing...took the rod off,but the cylinder still didn't slide off..am I missing something?

·
Super Moderator
35,064 Posts
Pulling the ejector rod out by unscrewing it should allow the crane to come out of the cylinder completely.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts