Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always had an interest in knives, all kinds of knives. I'll buy Case knives to be an investment and carry only on special occasions as I have a real bad habit of losing carry knives. I might have the real thing in a case knife and instead of carrying it, carry a very similar Schrade knife. I usually carry a small single bladed knife, I just don't like much in my pockets.

Here are just a few unusual knives on my radar. The red and white Trapper by Uncle Henry is supposed to be here on Friday, and then the next green Case Toothpick maybe my special reward for something I feel I need a special reward for. The coral snake knife has my interest.

$_57.jpg case.jpg coral.JPG

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
Very nice, very nice indeed!

·
Registered
6,183 Posts
I've also been on a knife kick this year. I prefer Case Stags, but they're pretty pricey and the quality isn't near as good as it used to be. I did learn that the quality of knives made in China is very high, and their steel is on parr with American made steel. I recently bought a Puma hunting knife, and it's so durn beautiful I refuse to use it.

·
Registered
14,643 Posts
Very nice looking knifes. I'm still trying to pick the right damascus blades to replace on my Kersaw Vapor knives.

Reactions: Jake3501

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
Chinese steels in knives can vary all over the place. The issue isn't the formulation of the steel, it's usually the quality control in that formulation, or the follow-on heat treating and grinding.

Uncle Henry and Schrade used to be American made knives. Both lines closed a number of years ago, were bought out, and have become almost 100% Chinese made. If you get a good one, it's as good an anything anyone else builds. Today, I have found that it pays to handle the knife before buying it. I no longer purchase knives on-line unless they are 100% American made. While that doesn't guarantee success, it does cut down on the receipt of flawed pieces. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts