Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read the book, checked the FAQ's and followed the links. Also watched the videos.

I understand the proceedure on dissassembling (field stripping) my PT111. The problem is that even after having done it a few times, the slide just doesn't want to come off without a great deal of effort. Yes, it was returned to battery after pulling the takedown pin, AND the trigger was pulled hard to the rear. I can't figure what, if anything, I'm doing wrong. Reassembly is simple, but getting that slide off is a bear.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Dont pull hard gently pull the slide forward while gently pulling the trigger to half a couple times. Once you getthe slide in the right spot and the trigger pull timed right. You should have no problems.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
chad_rn said:
Dont pull hard gently pull the slide forward while gently pulling the trigger to half a couple times. Once you getthe slide in the right spot and the trigger pull timed right. You should have no problems.
I think I found what works for me. If I close the slide all but about 1/4" and "feel" my way through the trigger pull, I can then slide the slide off some. Releasing the trigger then allows the slide to come off all the way. I think that by firmily holding the trigger back, I was fighting myself. Now, if I can only find the bushing wrench for my 1911, I'll be all set! Thanks.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Not sure if you saw my video on the take down of the 24/7 which is the same as the MilPro, but what I found was if you line up the slide and frame after taking out the pin and then pull the trigger and release the trigger the slide comes right off.

hope that helps a little

1 - 4 of 4 Posts