Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen several videos now of people taking down their 24/7 pro with no problem but the release pin on mine is very stiff and I have to pry it out. It goes back in without a problem. It's only a month old with about 300 rounds through it so maybe it needs to be broken in? Just wondering why it doesn't pop out as easy as shown in the videos.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Mine too. Just got my 24/7 pro 45 and the pin is a pain in the ass. I have to use pliers to get it out. This even after i rack the slide back t0o pop out the pin a little. Looks like I will be complaining to Taurus.

·
Registered
4 Posts
First things first congrats on your purchase...love mine.

and no no no pliers...once you lock the slide back just pull it back again and the take down pin WILL pop out enough for you to pull it out....sooooo no pliers ok?

Just try it and soon as you get the feel it would be a breeze taking it a part.

What I did on my mags was to take it apart and buff the follower as well as the mags inside walls and oil it a little bit and not a single failure on my 24/7 pro 45 acp.

b-safe

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
BONGAXX said:
and no no no pliers...once you lock the slide back just pull it back again and the take down pin WILL pop out enough for you to pull it out....sooooo no pliers ok?
I do rack the slide back and forth to pop the pin out on both my 24/7 and my PT145. But, I still end up needing a tool to get the pin out. I use the wire loop end of the barrel brush that came with the pistols. I slide it under the pin and pull it out.

A couple of times I have successfully removed the pin without the help of a tool, but it always felt like one quick slip and there goes my thumbnail. :eek:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Release the slide retainer and it will move foward enough for the pin to stick out, then use the key ring on the safety lock they gave you to pull it up. Once its broken in this problem should be fixed.
Semper Paratus

·
Registered
184 Posts
I found that when I racked the slide back to pop out the pin and then set the slide it seemed that the slide was resting slighty against the pin, making it very hard to get out. So I pushed the slide further back and reset it and then I had no problem getting the pin out by hand.

·
Registered
878 Posts
The same technique works for the milpro. Drove me nuts the first time :D
Semper Paratus
Taurusguy83, when do you report?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I thought it was just me lol, I use a thick plastic butter knife that way I don't have to worry about scratching the frame or the finish on slide.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Rugerman said:
I found that when I racked the slide back to pop out the pin and then set the slide it seemed that the slide was resting slighty against the pin, making it very hard to get out. So I pushed the slide further back and reset it and then I had no problem getting the pin out by hand.
Thats how I do it too. Did a little experimentation before I found this method out.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Break it down a few more times and it will get easier. I must have taken mine down and put it together over 200 times now and you can see how easy it is

·
Registered
202 Posts
No problems with any of mine.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I took mine down. I can see the issues you have with the pin. However, once you get it to the stage where its slightly popped out, give the pin a 180 twist and it easily comes out.

It because there is a notch in the pin and a spring is in the notch until you twist it. then it can slide out. You can recognize this issue when you are placing it back in. Well... its not an issue, but its how it is supposed to be.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Man I had issues getting mine back in this morning. It was a real bear.

·
Registered
122 Posts
if you try to just pull the pin out it will be a PITA. The step to removing the pin is as follows:

1. clear chamber
2. remove clip
3. clear chamber
4. clear chamber... lol
5. lock slide back.slide pin around
6. unlock slide, pin will pop out a bit more
7. lock slide back again
8. twist pin around and pull out. this is the trick. you cant just pull it directly straight out. the pin is notched to catch on a spring. rotating it around 180 degrees allows the pin to slide out.
9.. you know the rest.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I actually got it to work! It doesn't do it every time but it has done it. I guess it did just needed to be broken in. Thanks everyone for your help! ;)

·
Registered
74 Posts
My take down pin pops out nicely when I ease the slide onto it and lock it back. It pulls out smoothly.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts