Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Until recently, high powered tactical flashlights have been pretty expensive... in another thread someone mention an NC Star 35 lumen flashlight for some specific price... NC Star is a brand associated with shooting but is made in China and is of questionable quality at best at least their optics. In any case, if you want to buy a cheap Chinese made flashlight with much higher power, do an eBay seach for a CREE flashlight. This new bulb technology is amazing. I have bought about 10 of these flashlights as I am a volunteer fireman and have them stashed in my fire gear and mounted on several of my rifles and available to grab or grab from my vehicles... my wife has a few as well. Mine range from 400 lumens to 1500 lumens and none cost more than $25. You can get them all in 1" diameter and all can mount easily with rail mounts on a rifle. Many have strobe functions, SOS functions as well as different beam widths and the 1500 lumen light can illuminate for a very long distance with a narrow beam. Try one, it might surprise you. Search on CREE.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
I've recently been running across these on Amazon quite a bit lately... Was thinking of trying one out as the prices were good
and they looked like decent lights.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts