Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've been checking out some of the Streamlight brand light/laser combos, I know some folks love 'em, some hate them, however, my 24/7 DOES have an rail for this purpose. So, I figured why not try one.
My question is, on most models they specify they fit glock models.(slide lock) Will this fit the 24/7 without modification? I know EVERYONE in the world seems to have a glock but me, but I bought my 24/7 because I've never liked glocks.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
All the rails are pretty standard if not you can get lights that have adjustable clamps some people swear by the lights, me I can't justify paying $100 dollars for a frickin flashlight, when a $20 maglight does the same job, and in a pinch becomes a decent club if your primary weapon fails.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ace said:
All the rails are pretty standard if not you can get lights that have adjustable clamps some people swear by the lights, me I can't justify paying $100 dollars for a frickin flashlight, when a $20 maglight does the same job, and in a pinch becomes a decent club if your primary weapon fails.
I agree, but I've been watching some E-gay auctions and a few are selling fairly reasonable.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I shot a match with a light laser combo on an xd9 and it worked great. The big problem I see with them is for home defense you are pointing a loaded gun where the flashlight points. You could here a noise in the night and point your loaded gun at a family member which isn't cool at all. Mark

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
If your going to use the light or light/laser for professional use, bite the bullet and buy a name brand like Surefire, Insight, etc... You don't want something that may or may not work when you need it most.

The only problem with some lights and especially those sold for "reasonable prices" is that often they don't hold up to the recoil of the firearm. If you want a light for looks go for an airsoft quality light and take your chances. Some are not to bad, but its a roll of the dice. Do some research and find out what may work, yes read the airsoft sites.

One more thing to keep in mind is that there could be some small variances in size of rails between manufacturers and equipment to go on rails. Sometimes, even on top quality stuff some very minor fitting could be in order. Small files work well ;)

Recoil is your biggest killer of lights on firearms and what works on a 380-9mm may not last on a 40-45cal, you just don't know. Rifles like AK's and AR's do not have the recoil that larger battle rifles (308) generally have either.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
I bought the Laserlyte "Q.D." (Quick Disconnect) for my PT 92. So far I have approximately 250, or so rounds through the gun with the laser mounted, per my log book. It still works fine, and the "zero" seems to have not moved.
I choose to not put a flashlight on the gun for the same reason stated by railroader. Also the white light beam makes it easier for the B.G. to see you. The laser beam is very small and very focused, so it narrows his advanage. A red dot on my shirt would cause me to pause.
I have found that this accesorry is a great training aide. My groups have shrunk to where I even have tried a one handed (bullseye) stance. It allows me to focus my attention on the target, with both eyes open, instead of the front sight. (I'm old now. lol)
Here is the site. They offer a lot of models. You may have to call or E-mail them to ensure you order the correct variation. Click: http://www.laserlyte.com/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts