Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in Ohio. Does anyone have experience/recommendations with any tactical training classes ? Appreciate the help

·
Super Moderator
21,723 Posts
My father took advanced tactical training in Dayton. He passed away in January so I don't have any contact info. I believe it was for police and licensed private detectives.

It covered hand to hand, knife and shooting. I believe they had a driving course also.

I'll try and reach out to his old boss but he's out of the country for several months.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My father took advanced tactical training in Dayton. He passed away in January so I don't have any contact info. I believe it was for police and licensed private detectives.

It covered hand to hand, knife and shooting. I believe they had a driving course also.

I'll try and reach out to his old boss but he's out of the country for several months.

Thank you !

·
Registered
412 Posts
I am in Ohio. Does anyone have experience/recommendations with any tactical training classes ? Appreciate the help

Tatiana Whitlock – Training in Context

My wife and I took two classes conducted by this woman in March 2021 in Beaumont, Texas. I've been trained quite a bit in handguns and shotguns, and I feel Whitlock is good. Depends on your level, but I'm one of those people who can learn something from going to any class conducted by noted people.

Check her schedule for Ohio June 26th and 27th 2021 in Marengo, Ohio.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
What section of Ohio? In SW Ohio there's Sim trainer in Moraine and Surprise Break firearms training, just to mention a couple. As far as other areas IDK, but a group called Ohioans for concealed carry has a website and a section on it regarding where to get training in Ohio.

·
Super Moderator
21,723 Posts
I did a quick internet search and found this place. It looks like it has many classes and is NRA certified.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What section of Ohio? In SW Ohio there's Sim trainer in Moraine and Surprise Break firearms training, just to mention a couple. As far as other areas IDK, but a group called Ohioans for concealed carry has a website and a section on it regarding where to get training in Ohio.
Thanks. I’ll check it all out. I’m in NE Ohio but I’d travel if it was worth it
I did a quick internet search and found this place. It looks like it has many classes and is NRA certified.

thank you

·
Registered
541 Posts
My father took advanced tactical training in Dayton. He passed away in January so I don't have any contact info. I believe it was for police and licensed private detectives.....
Sad to hear you lost your father so recently. I lost mine quite a number of years ago & I still feel the pain of his absence.

Reactions: 45 Forever

·
Registered
948 Posts
2 that I'm aware of are TDI in southern ohio and Geauga Firearms Academy in north east ohio....no personal experience with either one.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Thanks. I’ll check it all out. I’m in NE Ohio but I’d travel if it was worth it

thank you
No, you're at least 4 hrs away, and I hear on the Ohioans for Concealed Carry website that there are a number of good courses available in that area. The places I mentioned are more in the Dayton area.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
2 that I'm aware of are TDI in southern ohio and Geauga Firearms Academy in north east ohio....no personal experience with either one.
I think Geauga Firearms Academy is on YouTube. Him and his wife, do videos for men and women.

GFA on Youtube

ETA: I have never been to training with them, but used to watch some of their videos.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts