Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone put a picatinny-rail tactical light on their 24/7 yet?

Or maybe even a tactical light/laser?

Thoughts?

Recommendations?

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have an Insight X2 that I have used on my XD-45 and PT-145 Millennium Pro. If I slide it all the way back so that the front of the light to flush to the front of the frame, it does not lock into place. If I slide it forward to lock into place, the light bezel extends about 3/4" past the front of the frame. I am thinking about cutting another notch 3/4" back to have the bezel be flush with the frame. Otherwise the muzzle blast can cover the lens of the light with soot and burned powder within a few rounds. I'll try to post some pictures of what I am talking about as soon as I can.

tex

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Blade-Tech rail light holder. It holds a Surefire to the side, which precludes holster carry. The light is very adjustible fore and aft, though. I got it 'cuz it was cheap ($20) and I couldn't find another one at that price. I have since found a few, which would put the light under the barrel. It would stick out a lot.

I am planning on using it on my upcoming AR15, and getting a combo light/laser at some point, but when it costs almost what the pistol does...

Grandpa CB in /\/\onTana! {=-{>

·
32,614 Posts
Hello and welcome to the site Grandpa CB.Since I was passing through, I thought to give you a howdy do here, since you are posting here for the first time and not at the new members section. Glad to have you aboard. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an M3 light on my 24/7 Pro.

To be honest though, I'm not a big fan of hanging a light on a handgun. Maybe I just need to practice with it more but I'm just not comfortable with manipulating the weapon. I have the light on it since it's my "under the bed gun" in case the zombies come at night.

The only reason I even have the M3 is because I ordered it through my department for my duty Glock but it caused too many malfunctions on the Glock so I took it off and brought it home. It does function flawlessly on the Taurus.

Rob

·
Registered
51 Posts
my 24/7 45 with my light attached

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
SpecOps24 said:
tlr-1 streamlight
I have the TLR-1 Streamlight and a UNI-MAX LaserMax laser sight on mine. The great thing about the Uni-Max laser sight is that it has it's own rail system on it. You mount the laser on the pistol's rail, then your tac light on the laser's rail. Works great.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts