1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Haven't heard of or tried it. Looks interesting.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Heard of it, seen it in the store, don't use Tabasco.

·
Registered
27,138 Posts
At 5 times the cost of an excellent single malt Scotch that is aged for 11 years instead of 8 - I'll pass.
Just an opinion, but it seems like an egregious marketing ploy rather than an actually improved product.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
I think I seen something about that on the tube, I think it said that it was aged in used liquor barrels from our friends up in Lynchburg.....

little devil.gif

·
Registered
855 Posts
I don't really like Tabasco but I may buy a bottle just to see if it's worth the $25.

·
Super Moderator
35,575 Posts
I don't guess that it will be around for long...I sure as heck won't buy it. I am addicted to the Chipotle however and have four bottles in reserve.

·
Super Moderator
40,413 Posts
It's a collector thing; you would not believe how many people collect hot sauces. One of my previous jobs we had a retail market that sold hot sauce, with over 200 different bottles on the shelf. It would amaze me at how fast that stuff sold, people would buy multiple bottles at a time just to add them to their collection.

I like the buy ammo suggestion myself!

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's a collector thing; you would not believe how many people collect hot sauces. One of my previous jobs we had a retail market that sold hot sauce, with over 200 different bottles on the shelf. It would amaze me at how fast that stuff sold, people would buy multiple bottles at a time just to add them to their collection.

I like the buy ammo suggestion myself!
I can believe it! I didn't know how many hot sauces existed before I went into a few shops in New Orleans -- and it was mostly just Louisiana stuff!

·
Super Moderator
17,588 Posts
That's like 50 bottles of Louisiana Hot Sauce. They've discovered people collect hot sauces. I see them in tourist traps, a whole wall of hot sauces. Looks like only a few different bottles, all with different labels that are always very colorful and they have provocative names. Most of them taste ordinary. I use Louisiana mostly.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Turn your stove on high.

Stick you tongue to the burner for 3 seconds.

Then mail me $5,

You'll get the same results and save $20
:icon_ devil:
Dunno about that. Tabasco doesn't actually burn my tongue. :p

·
Registered
31,695 Posts
Reactions: Wolf1477
1 - 20 of 26 Posts