Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put a set of fiber optic sights on it.

Any special tools needed? Or just a Delrin or Brass punch. Are they glued in place?

I may have a gunsmith do it if there hard to get on and off I don't want to mare the slide.

I'm looking at these. I assume they will fit. If not please correct me.

Sight Set Taurus 24/7 Series PT111 PT140 PT145 Fiber Optic Green

·
Registered
36,602 Posts
AHHH, they will likely fit , but i m not sure they will "WORK".
the front and rear sight on the 24/7 OSS is a good bit taller than the standard 24/7 pistols.
I imagine due to the longer sight radius.
the removal is straight forward normally, you need two hex wrenches (I think a 1.5 and 2.0 MM) , lossen the screws, tap the sights out, if extremely tight some have a Lock tite agent under them, and using a hair dryer to heat the sights typically will free them up.
normally they are not that tight in the dovetails as the set screws hold them in place.
should be a firing pin block and block spring under the rear sight thats just waiting to excape as you take the rear sight off If I remember correctly!

·
Administrator
18,058 Posts
Those sights, particularly the Rear, will only fit the 24/7 Pro and previous 24/7's. They will not fit any of the 24/7 OSS's. You need a set of sights that will fit the 24/7 OSS and 24/7 Pro DS models as the rear dovetails are different form the 24/7 Pro and Millenium Series.

Also, on the 24/7 OSS and Pro DS models, the Rear Sight retains the Automatic Firing Pin Lock mechanism, which means you will have to be VERY careful removing it, so as not to lose the parts of it, as they exert some tension and WILL pop out.

Novaks has them:
http://novaksights.com/products/sights/models/taurus247.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts