Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
About a year ago I started having issues with my PT-738 TCP. It started having Failure to Eject problems (FTE). It got worse and worse, until I couldn't get through one 6-round magazine without a jam, sometimes three. I tried to find the problem myself, but I'm not a gunsmith. I figured there was probably something wrong with the ejector. So last October I sent it back to Taurus for repairs.

After four months (the standard repair period for Taurus), I called to check on the status of my 738. They said that they could not repair it, and offered me a Spectrum as a replacement. Although I haven't shot a Spectrum, I have checked it out at stores, seen reviews on YouTube, and read about it on this forum. I was not very impressed with the Spectrum. It seems big for a .380 caliber gun. The reason I got the 738 was to carry as a pocket pistol or a BUG when I needed to. The Spectrum is too big for a pocket pistol, or to carry in an ankle holster. I feel that if I get a gun that size, it ought to be a 9mm.

So I asked Taurus if I could have a PT-111 G2C as a replacement instead of the Spectrum. The CS rep checked with her supervisor, and he said yes. After three weeks of processing, I finally picked up a new G2C from my FFL. As I was driving to pick it up I thought “Oh no! What if they sent me one of those pink, or purple, or baby blue guns”. I could accept a Desert Tan, Olive Drab, or two-tone black/SS gun, but not a shi-shi pink, blue, or purple! Fortunately it turned out to be a black one. Yay!

So next week I'll clean it up and take it to the range. Hooray for Taurus customer service!
I am happy.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Congrats. You will like the G2C.

·
8,950 Posts
Good on you fighting the battle with Taurus CS. What you mean!!! you don't want a skittle G2C..I am shocked:p

Reactions: 777Driver

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I have both but I like the PT111 G2 better. The TCP shoots fine but I have never been able to hit accurately with it. The G2 is far more accurate for me and it has been flawless in over 800+ rounds (I quit counting).

·
Registered
144 Posts
I looked back at the Millenium forums and saw your posts on your issues with your new G2c. I hope it proves to be better than your 738 going forward.

Reactions: 777Driver
1 - 8 of 8 Posts