Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can Ijust saw WOW Ilove this gus the triger pull is awsum and it fires poa I wish all revolver fired like this and recoil is nill I onley shot 38 sp now can a tourus tracker 22lr
triger be made as nise as the s w my brothers tracker sucks when it comes to thr triger any sugjestion on that would be a great help thanks in advanc for all you help

·
Registered
27 Posts
I wonder if it has anything to do with the coil springs in Taurus guns. In my S&Ws, the mainspring is a leaf-spring, while in my Taurus 905, the mainspring is a coil spring. I'm sure that probably doesn't make much of a difference in overall power, but I wonder if it makes a difference in how the springs compress.

I'm sure the trigger pull could be smoothed up for Tauruses as well as S&Ws, though. Probably has more to do with the engagement surfaces than the springs, though.

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
For some reason the triggers on the 22 revolvers are much heavier than a similar centerfire. It doesn't seem to matter if the gun is Taurus, Smith or whoever.

Steelheart

·
Registered
27 Posts
Steelheart said:
For some reason the triggers on the 22 revolvers are much heavier than a similar centerfire. It doesn't seem to matter if the gun is Taurus, Smith or whoever.
I find that the triggers on my 3 S&W .22 revolvers to be far lighter than the triggers on my 2 centerfire S&W revolvers and my one Taurus 9mm snubbie. This may be due to the 10-shot cylinders on the .22s, however--the cylinder only has to rotate 36° before full lockup, while my 6 shot revolvers have to rotate 60° (and my snubbie has to rotate 72°) before full lockup.

The double-action triggers for my centerfire revolvers tend to be smoother than the triggers on my rimfires (except one of my S&W 617s, which is the smoothest double-action trigger I've ever felt aside from autoloaders), most likely because the staging occurs in the full 60°, rather than compressed into the shorter 36°...

·
Registered
25 Posts
S&W trigger and trigger pulls smooth up nicely after time and trigger pulls. I have a 3" RB 65 that I have had for years and will probably take to the grave with me.

·
Administrator
35,116 Posts
What, no pictures? You can't come on here braggin about your mod 65 and not show us the goods !! The sarge isn't happy with you.....

Just for the quid pro quo......

·
Registered
29,845 Posts
Check out the S&W forum and you'll see how extremely popular the S&W M-65 is, especially the 3" round butt model; it contains the best of all worlds...

1. The versatility of using mild to wild .38 spl or .357 rds. or shot shells.
2. The power to weight advantage of the .357 mag.
3. The accuracy & velocity of a 4 incher in a slightly more compact package.
4. The concealability of a shorter barreled round butt frame.

Dry firing will help "smooth up" the action of any quality made revolver. Switching to a lighter weight main spring helps improve the DA trigger pull a lot with out having to resort to the extra expense of an "action job" which now days can run from $100-$200.

MOONDAWG

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have 2 of the S&W m65s. They are balanced very well. I have a 4 and a 3 inch barrels. and I carry the 3 inch ccw all the time.richgp100z It is too bad Taurus doesnt make a 6 shot 3 inch m65. I am going to have to call them and tell them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts