Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SPOKANE COUNTY, Wash. - The Spokane County Sheriff's Office says a homeowner shot a suspected burglar after discovering him in his kitchen late Saturday night in West Spokane.

"Caldero said he thought he was at his friend’s house and went inside to use the bathroom but must have gone into the wrong house because some guy shot him," the Sheriff's Office said in a release. "Caldero provided a name for his friend, but after additional questioning, he said his friend was in prison."

Deputies found the friend Caldero had mentioned was incarcerated, and couldn't locate any history of his friend at the home or area.

Caldero's injuries were considered non life-threatening, but in need of medical care. The homeowners, their children, and neighbors were uninjured from the incident.

https://www.khq.com/news/suspected-burglar-shot-by-spokane-homeowner-told-deputies-he-thought-he-was-in-friends-house/article_f3c82fa8-7785-11ea-8411-e7c3f8159aa7.html

Creative perhaps, believable? :scratchchin:

You decide.

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
Somebody needs to give the home owner some free range time.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
If I were in someone else's house and confronted by an armed man telling me, in a Terminator-like voice, to get out, then I'd show my empty hands, apologize profusely, and do as I was told. The intruder's story is not at all credible.

·
Super Moderator
35,577 Posts
I am going with drug addled either before or during the invasion. He went to use the bathroom and them decided to microwave some food? Then when challenged he didn't leave but wanted the gun? Well he got it. He's a lucky dude that his femoral artery didn't bleed him out.

·
Super Moderator
35,577 Posts
If I were in someone else's house and confronted by an armed man telling me, in a Terminator-like voice, to get out, then I'd show my empty hands, apologize profusely, and do as I was told. The intruder's story is not at all credible.

Amen to this...I'd be singing "Gimme Three Steps"...:D

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am going with drug addled either before or during the invasion. He went to use the bathroom and them decided to microwave some food? Then when challenged he didn't leave but wanted the gun? Well he got it. He's a lucky dude that his femoral artery didn't bleed him out.
Don't forget, he said he was "doing the dishes" too!

Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You mean you wouldn't try and take his gun away from him like this guy did?

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
Walking into a stranger's house without permission like you own the place is a great way to get shot!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Never, never, NEVER, let an intruder get within 10 feet of you.

It is just too easy for them to cover that distance before you can rack and shoot.

If the see the gun and keep coming anyway, TAP, RACK, REPEAT.

Don't want to kill anybody, but my family is worth the pain and suffering and mental anguish I might feel.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Never, never, NEVER, let an intruder get within 10 feet of you.

It is just too easy for them to cover that distance before you can rack and shoot.

If the see the gun and keep coming anyway, TAP, RACK, REPEAT.

Don't want to kill anybody, but my family is worth the pain and suffering and mental anguish I might feel.
If you have to Tap, Rack (and/or Repeat) after confronting an intruder (but before firing the first shot) you're doing it wrong....

·
Super Moderator
35,577 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Was he left out by Soros to prevent him from getting COVID19? He must have been looking for toilet paper, after all everyone deserves to have Charmin. It is those mean capitalists at Scotts fault, they have been shipping toilet paper out of the country.

Arrest the homeowner that shot him and make him spend thousands on a defense attorney. And get rid of that Castle Doctrine if the guy needs toilet paper.

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
Dumb criminal is lucky to be alive.
Like I said on page 1, the home owner needs some free range time.

Either that, or he was just kind hearted and didn't want to have to kill him.

·
Registered
16,494 Posts
When I pull out a gun it is ready to be fired. The story the intruder told did not wash, he was lucky to be alive.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts