Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from a gun shop in Havre Montana, about an hours snowy drive north. I knew of the shop but had never taken the time to drive up. I went in, this shop has been in business since before WWII, now third generation. I'd heard he had taken in a couple old Colt DA revolvers in 32. Indeed he had, we dealt on one, then I looked around. The clerk was unpacking new AR style varmint guns, 6 total and several CAR style also. I'm not an AR fan so I really didn't pay attention until another customer came in to get 30 round magazines, he took 10 steel magazines for his AR. The owner mentioned that if he needed more there were 600 of them down in the basement. All the racks and display cases were full of long and hand guns. The shelves were full of ammo and components, powder, primers, bullets and brass.
I was surprised, that's all; now I'm going to go play with my new 1907 Colt!!!!!

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I just got back from a gun shop in Havre Montana, about an hours snowy drive north. I knew of the shop but had never taken the time to drive up. I went in, this shop has been in business since before WWII, now third generation. I'd heard he had taken in a couple old Colt DA revolvers in 32. Indeed he had, we dealt on one, then I looked around. The clerk was unpacking new AR style varmint guns, 6 total and several CAR style also. I'm not an AR fan so I really didn't pay attention until another customer came in to get 30 round magazines, he took 10 steel magazines for his AR. The owner mentioned that if he needed more there were 600 of them down in the basement. All the racks and display cases were full of long and hand guns. The shelves were full of ammo and components, powder, primers, bullets and brass.
I was surprised, that's all; now I'm going to go play with my new 1907 Colt!!!!!

I stop at every gun shop I pass when traveling. I have only found one so far that had a 32 caliber. I bought it.
The AR style rifles. Were they 223 or 22 cal. look alikes?

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
Congratulations, at least you didn't wake up to find out it was just a dream...:icon_ lala:
You beat me to it......:( again

·
Super Moderator
40,741 Posts
What prices did they have on the AR's? Hope you got some primers.

I'm trying to find a S&W .32 Long. Not much luck, unless I want to spend a lot of cash. Still looking and hoping.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm not an AR fan, I never paid any attention to the prices. This is prairie dog country and most of the rifles were varmint configuration, he said, so I would expect them to be 223. 22 rimfire AR's have been available all along. I was in Scheels in Great Falls yesterday and they had several 22's, but no center fire AR's.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yes, that was all I wanted. I am well stocked on everything else. I was caught in the primer shortage of '93-'94, I vowed then, never again. I bought 40,000 primers in 2007 and averaged 15,000 each year since, and I cast my own bullets for all my hand guns and most of my rifles and am well stocked on everything.

Reactions: bps1
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.