Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now and then you can find surplus parts for the gi style 1911 by various makers. from colt magazine to carbine kits and barrels. Will any of these actualy work in a taurus?

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Most of them. The Taurus is designed to the 1911 military specifications. Taurus used the 4 parts on the design of the series 80 colt... a spring and plunger in the slide and a couple of "do-hickeys" on the sear and hammer pins. Everything else should be mil-spec.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Only thing that I have found that will not fit a Taurus PT1911 is a Kimber slide, which for the life of me don't know why you'd want to put that on one ;)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so in theory if i wanted to use up a few thousand rounds of crappy ammo i could just swap in al elcheapo milspec barrel/slide assembly and not have to worry about hurting the taurus parts?

and what about the 10 round magazines? Those will work well regardless of genuine taurus or noy?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
What do you consider crappy ammo? I shoot tons of Wolf ammo, with no damage or trouble, lot of people consider Wolf crap but I like it for range use.

I also ordered alot of 45cal mags from Cheaperthandirt.com and have had great luck with them both in 8rd and 10rd mags (yes I bought the El'Cheap-O ones...).

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
when going for a 10 round magazine for the 8 round magazine designed gun, do you need to try to get one that has finger padding on the bottom to avoid getting pinched by the magazine?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts