Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen some surplus 82's for sale online and was wondering about any advice some of you very knowledgeable people might have for me.
All I have seen have scratches and rough looking grips. But sellers make the case that the gun is still in good shape. Have any of you bought one and had any problems with them?
What grips should I look for? I assume it's a medium frame?
I'm not looking for a BBQ gun, but I want one I can depend on.

·
Registered
548 Posts
A few years ago, I bought a 4" blue steel 82 that had supposedly been used by a security company. Cosmetically, it's no great shakes--nicks and dings, some bluing worn off, grips not that great. But it's mechanically great and shoots just fine. Typical of the "carried a lot, shot a little" type.

·
Registered
21,111 Posts
The surplus ones that I've seen don't come with the lifetime warranty.

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
40,514 Posts

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using Tapatalk
That is how I understand it as well, it it was not imported through Taurus Miami, it is not covered by warranty.

Reactions: Texheim

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
If you have the ID#, you can go to the Taurus website or call them and they will verify. Mine turned out to be a model 84 (adjustable sights) made in the mid 70s with no warranty. It is a great gun and I will keep it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts