Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just recently noticed the 'green' handles
depicting a 'supporting member' status.
I am pretty old. Maybe I just missed it.
Brain fart syndrome [BfS], ADHD, senility, etc.....
could be any or all the above.....?

I have not seen anyone here solicit funds from the members,
not even a VISA or MASTERCARD icon.....in yo face ......
and we ALL know it requires money [$$$$] to run this juke joint.
[it's a pretty classy joint]

The colored handles for the members that contribute monetarily
and the recognition that is bestowed along with it is very classy
and gives the member something extra to feel proud about.......
kinda like an uncle or cousin....instead of a 'third cousin' so to speak.
[yes, there is already recognition for post participation and the number of]
AND at a very, very affordable cost.
Who had this brainstorm.....KUDOS to you.

Maybe I am rambling in my senior-years-state-of-mind [and don't realize it]
but I just wished to give this action the prominence it so well deserves.

I hope to see the majority of handles 'turn green'.

[thanks for your tolerance]

·
Super Moderator
20,113 Posts
elPescador: Glad you picked up on that. I noticed them last week and clicked on someone's green handle and it took me to the contribution section. Like you, I didn't see a Mass PM or other mass marketing technique/announcement that this was available either. As always, membership is free and paid support is NOT necessary but is at the discretion of the individual member. I mentioned somewhere else that I had joined several forums over the years which required an upfront fee of anywhere $25-50 and usually paid without any second thoughts. And, I think the $ contribution does get you some additional PM space, allows for larger avatars and other pictures - and, as you put it, generally helps keep the lights on around here.

Thanks for your support!!

·
Super Moderator
20,113 Posts
No refunds, even if you get banned.
Trying to decide if it is a good buy for me. :D
Only if you are worried that your PM box may fill up or your avatar may need to put some meat on its bones.

And don't know why everyone is worried about the ban button. Yeah there is a process but it apparently doesn't happen very often with the regular membership. We do seem to run a "whack-a-mole" game for drive by spammers lately but these are one time posters advertising every link on the Net and usually wee hours of the morning.

Again, it is up to you. If you would prefer to bank the money with me while you wait - hey we can arrange something:D

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
I think it was about a week ago the banner showed up on the home page just above the thread listings.
I would have to guess that the bills are due soon and it was put there as a reminder to subtlety ask for money to keep the shop open.

·
Registered
30,023 Posts
I would, I actually went to order but... The only payment options I see are paypal (don't use it, never have actually) and to send a check. I don't even own a checkbook, I either pay for stuff in cash, debit or credit. Am I missing the credit/debit option or is there not one?

Reactions: Denton

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
I went to the P.O. and got a Money Order.
No PayPal or bank account for me either.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Yes there is a card option later as I don't use PayPal. Just go through as PayPal it will give option then enter your debt that's what I did.

Reactions: TexasAviator

·
Registered
30,023 Posts
Yes there is a card option later as I don't use PayPal. Just go through as PayPal it will give option then enter your debt that's what I did.
Danke!

Reactions: sparks9293

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think it was about a week ago the banner showed up on the home page just above the thread listings.
I would have to guess that the bills are due soon and it was put there as a reminder to subtlety ask for money to keep the shop open.
I'm not sure it would necessarily be beneficial to you......or bbbbbbtleslie....being such 'newbies'..........
If the 'shop' closed, you both really wouldn't be out much of anything substantial.
But, keep posting while you can.....you may even get your 'count' up before the end comes. :):)

·
Super Moderator
20,113 Posts
Know how you feel. I don't have a checkbook either (for my kitty money/personal acct) but I do have a pvt credit card and a paypal account which I've used several times. When I need cash -> ATM; And I pay my credit card bills online - again, no need for a checkbook.

You might want to check with one of the Administrators (Smokewagon, BigSkiff, NYPD, etc) to explore additional payment options outside of Paypal.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
We need a write up by a administrator. Its is a little confusing.

·
Registered
30,023 Posts
Know how you feel. I don't have a checkbook either (for my kitty money/personal acct) but I do have a pvt credit card and a paypal account which I've used several times. When I need cash -> ATM; And I pay my credit card bills online - again, no need for a checkbook.

You might want to check with one of the Administrators (Smokewagon, BigSkiff, NYPD, etc) to explore additional payment options outside of Paypal.
Yeah its all on line these days!

Sparks said to try the pay pal option and it would give me the option to use a card, which it did. I don't know if I missed it or what, but it looked like paypal was the only option, I didn't know they accepted cards. You learn something every day!

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
I'm proud to be a supporting member myself :)

·
Super Moderator
20,113 Posts
Yeah its all on line these days!

Sparks said to try the pay pal option and it would give me the option to use a card, which it did. I don't know if I missed it or what, but it looked like paypal was the only option, I didn't know they accepted cards. You learn something every day!
Ya, sparks posted this on another thread but same info - when you click on PayPal, you have an option to enter a credit or debit card. You should be good to go.

You don't need PayPal you get a option later for credit card or debt card.

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
It all sounds good, and heck, considering that I did re-enlist, I'm obviously a joiner, but I'm not a big fan of green. Could I get a fuschia font?? :D

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
It all sounds good, and heck, considering that I did re-enlist, I'm obviously a joiner, but I'm not a big fan of green. Could I get a fuschia font?? :D
Green was chosen for a reason!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts