Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Support Cabelas!

3K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  rollin thunder 
#1 ·
Cabelas has pulled out of attending the Eastern Outdoor Sports Exhibition. It's the largest annual show of its kind in PA and the refusal to attend was brought on by an announcement by the shows promotors, Reed Promotions, that no "high cap or assault style weapons will be permitted." Many other vendors have also dropped off and the show will likely be a huge flop. Call or write Cabelas and thank them for placing the Second Ammendment above the bottom line of their corporation. I am certainly going too.

#7 ·
Cabelas still has the show listed on their Hamburg, PA. store website.
Eastern Sports & Outdoor Show Feb. 2 - 10, 2013 Harrisburg, PA
Cabela’s is once again proud to be the Presenting Retail Sponsor of the 2013 Eastern Sports & Outdoor Show in Harrisburg, PA from February 2nd – 10th, 2013. Our booth, #168, will be located at the main entrance in the Fishing Hall. The booth will be filled with popular Cabela’s merchandise and several “hot buy” sale items. Cabela’s Pro-Staffers including Chuck Adams, Ralph & Vicki Cianciarulo and Mike Millis will be in the booth throughout the week to greet customers and sign autographs. Tickets for the event can be purchased at the Cabela’s Hamburg retail store starting on December 15th, 2012 or visit Home - Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show

#9 ·
It's in and on all media outlets here in Pgh. The promoter made the news earlier this week stating they were being "sensitive" about recent events. Cabelas commented that they received a large volume of feed back from customers and decided to pull out as well as some other vendors.

#12 ·
I supported them today by buying some 7.62x39 ammo they are about the only place in the state that has it on the shelves still, Thanks Cabelas for making my day!

sent using Taptalk Droid

Reactions: CallMaker
#13 ·
I'm hardly a fan of Cabelas given their absurdly high prices, but I applaud them for this. Temper that with the reality that they can easily suck up the lost potential revenue from skipping this event; they're a huge company and have many many many millions of dollars.

On a side note, I think that Cabelas is #2 on the list of places that you could live for years on end provided you had electricity, #1 being Sam's club.

#14 ·
Never been to the Hamburg store personally, the Wheeling (Tradelphia) store is a quicker trip from Pittsburgh for me. I love Cabela's because they tend to always have what I'm looking for in stock. It may not be the price I want on that trip, but I realy don't mind hitting 79 South with a big coffee and a pack of smokes since I know I'm coming back with a new gun.... maybe two. :guns:

#15 ·
Makes me proud. Now if they could only bring their price back down to reality...

#16 ·
Cabelas is missing the boat in South Florida. We have 4 Bass Pro shops and no Cabelas. I think they would do great in the Homestaed area of South Florida.

Reactions: RichO and CallMaker
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.