Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had to replace the Magazine Catch/Release myself (which was pretty simple) magazine was falling out when fired. I am absolutely happy with Taurus. They sent me my new catch within 7 bus. days. I replaced it today and took it to the range. I ran 50 rounds of S&B 230 grain rds. The PT145 ran absolutley flawless. The magazine stayed in place and the gun had no FTE FTF or any other issues. The shots were dead balls accurate. I hade some crazy grouping that I did not even think I was capable of at 10 yards. I am now confident enough to make this my primary CCW. I will use the Bersa 380 depending on what I am wearing now.

·
Administrator
40,675 Posts
Congrats. Mine is also a keeper. I've enjoyed it probably as much as any handgun I've ever owned. :thumb: :zzz:

·
Administrator
35,733 Posts
Every time I look at my PT145 it amazes me how much hard hitting firepower is in such a small package.....

·
Administrator
40,675 Posts
Well, wait a minute now...... :devil: :devil: :devil:

·
Administrator
35,733 Posts
+1 Smoke, let's not go too far.....

·
Registered
76 Posts
PT-145 Facts:

With an addition of an armalaser, a tac light, a mirror, and a bottle of Break Free, You can use a PT-145 to do laser eye surgery on yourself.

If you need a vehicle in an emergency, a PT-145 can be completely disassembled and the parts can be put back together in a certain order to build a Humvee with leather seats and a CD player.

Custom 1911s are what you show your friends. PT-145s are what you show your enemies.

Chuck Norris armed with a PT-145 is why Waldo is hiding and why the boogyman checks his closet for Chuck Norris.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Devildog341 said:
PT-145 Facts:

With an addition of an armalaser, a tac light, a mirror, and a bottle of Break Free, You can use a PT-145 to do laser eye surgery on yourself.

If you need a vehicle in an emergency, a PT-145 can be completely disassembled and the parts can be put back together in a certain order to build a Humvee with leather seats and a CD player.

Custom 1911s are what you show your friends. PT-145s are what you show your enemies.

Chuck Norris armed with a PT-145 is why Waldo is hiding and why the boogyman checks his closet for Chuck Norris.
Too funny Devildog341!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hockeynut52: "I just had to replace the Magazine Catch/Release myself (which was pretty simple) magazine was falling out when fired."

i wish i would've read this a few days ago....i might've looked into fixing a similar problem myself. even though i'm now waiting to get my pt145 back from taurus...i'm very happy w/it too. it's an aesthetic thing.
the way i see it, if after a few tweaks, the final product operates as designed then the whole deal is well worth it. especially w/this.

·
Administrator
35,733 Posts
It's encouraging to see posters able to do minor surgery on their Tauri - I build my own computers, don't even think twice about it, but I'd be real nervous for some reason trying to repair my gun. But I would now probably give it a whirl if something happened.......

·
Registered
32 Posts
it's about the research. i'd only work on stuff that is well documented and relatively safe and basic. i wouldn't mess w/anything that could potentially be dangerous. my problem was with the magazine well so...i figured the worst that can happen is more ftfeed.

i haven't seen much good info around for the pt145...maybe because it had a bad introduction a few years ago and people dismissed them. but now that the frame cracking issues have been worked out i'm hoping to see more and more detailed info on repairs and mods.

putting together a computer isn't a bad analogy in that there's a good level of complexity there..but what it got me to thinking is that it's not a bad idea to have some understanding of how the things you use, work...i mean it couldn't hurt. knowing how your car or computer or whatever works can often show how to more effectively use whatever it is you're dealing w/.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I purchased a PT111 a couple months ago that drops the magazine when I fire it or sometimes even when just racking the slide. I was going to send the whole gun back to Taurus, until I saw your post. I called them and they said to send in the magazine release button. Is that all you sent them to get a replacement, and has that fixed the problem? Thanks

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They didn't even ask me to send in the original one. I did some dremmel surgery to it and fixed that one too. I replaced the original with the one they sent me, then went to the range for a test and it purformed flawlessly. The magazine stayed in place without any wierd gripping of the firearm or holding it with the other hand while firing. I even fired it one handed and the mag stayed right where it should be.

·
Registered
696 Posts
That's encouraging, hockeynut. I had to send my mag release in for my PT 140. Sent it on April 10th and still haven't got the replacement. Called Taurus last week and was told the part is on backorder and I may not see it for two more weeks. sigh. I just have to remind myself how much I love shooting this pistol. Will let you know when it comes in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is the magazine release button (i.e., the part that you would switch around for left-handers) the only part that needs to be returned?

hockeynut, what was different about the original part and the one they sent you? What did you dremmel that fixed the original part?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think I answered my questions. I took out the release button, Dremmeled off some of the tab that limits its movement, and reassembled. It is slightly better now, but I'll probably still need a new release button eventually as mine was missing some metal on the part that latches into the mag.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Just to let you know if you tell them it is a carry pistol they will send out the parts and not even make you send the old ones back. They will tell you when your order the new parts that you have to send the old one back but when you get the new parts and call to see how to send them back they tell you not to worry about it. I would rather have a working firearm with broken parts than on that does not work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
nakedbaboon, thanks for the info. I called and mentioned it was my carry weapon and they are going to send the part-- when it comes in off backorder :-\

·
Registered
696 Posts
Well Gents, I got my mag release on June 12th. It is the wrong one! It works, but it doesn't fit. It is squared off on the back side and doesn't fill the hole in the grip. I called Customer Service and spoke with the nicest fellow. He was very apologetic and understanding. He promised to send me the correct release when they come in. He says it appears they sent me a second generation release, not the third. He told me to hang on to the one I have until the correct one comes in. He mentioned there must be some sort of retooling of the part causing the long wait. Hopefully the new on will be much improved. At least I am able to shoot mine now!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts