Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a new belt for carrying my gun and mags. I bought it from Deltech Force. They are located in Fremont,IN. They do have a web site, which is where I bought mine. I know that there are a lot of people making belts for carry, but this is a piece of art! You can get it in any size you need, by 1 inch increments, and different colors. Choose the buckle you want, and the hole spacing, 1" or 3/4". You also have the option for thickness, mine is 1/4". I'm very bad at describing things, So go check them out online yourself. I love mine so much, I'm going to order another one soon in Black.

www.deltechforce.com

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
They do look like nice belts.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
the wife and I each own one of these. After about 9 mos the leather began to soften and form to my body, but also doesnt support as well as when it was new. Pretty short life span for a gunbelt, imho.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your right Falstaff, it is www.daltechforce.com . my bad! I've only had my belt a few days, but I really love it so far. I hope that with it being one piece of leather .25 inches thick I get more than 9 month wear out of it. That's why I chose it over Hank's belts, there belt this this says it is two pieces sewn together, not one solid piece. That and the price, Hanks wants $95 for there similer belt, I only paid $63 and change including tax. Shipping is free. And the roller buckle I got is super nice and strong.
I'm happy with what I received for the money I spent, which is hard to say nowadays!

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I will be looking for a good belt with the plastic insert, or I might make my own.
Wild Bill Concealment has a nice carry belt with the ABS insert for around $85. When I do finally break down and spend the money on a nice carry belt, that will probably be my choice.

·
Registered
16,494 Posts
It is worth the money to buy a good belt, mine is over 7 years and is the only belt I wear. It still looks like new.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK, another question on belts, how do you get the leather on leather squeak to stop? I wear an OWB holster and mag carrier, and rubbing on my new belt results in a loud "squeak" that's driving me crazy! Well, more so that I already am. Any ideas or solutions?

·
Registered
867 Posts
OK, another question on belts, how do you get the leather on leather squeak to stop? I wear an OWB holster and mag carrier, and rubbing on my new belt results in a loud "squeak" that's driving me crazy! Well, more so that I already am. Any ideas or solutions?
I have heard that putting a bit of talcum powder where the two pieces of leather make contact will help that. I never did that with mine, and it did significantly decrease over time. But, it does still squeak occasionally, mostly when sitting down/standing up -- basically never while walking.

·
Registered
27,632 Posts
I have used an Aker Concealed Carry belt every day for about 5 years. Most days my carry is either a 1911 or a 24/7 OSS .45.
It is finally showing some signs of wear around the holes, but is still stiff and does not allow the gun to pull away from my hip.
It's gone up $2.50 since I bought mine(!) and now runs $57.50.
Two layers of leather and a polymer insert.

http://akerleather.com/off-duty-belts/off-duty-belts/B22/concealed-carry-gunbelt.html

They also make an 1½" belt.

Reactions: PCS01

·
Registered
8,801 Posts

·
Registered
27,632 Posts
Reactions: CreekFisher

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Yeah, you're the one we're talking to. Get yourself a real gunbelt. It makes a huge difference.
My belt is fine so far. It just has to hold up my pt140. Im sure if i had a steel frame or full sized pistol, a "real belt" would be helpful.

Creek

1 - 16 of 16 Posts