Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being that it's a balmy 10 degrees F here, I'm taking wife and #2 son out to try my 745 and KT P3AT. Just a couple of mags to get an idea of how they shoot, and how the fammily can shoot them.

Their impressions to follow...

tman

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
I see it's warmed up a little outside.

If it were me ... I'd still be holed up in the house with the heat on. :D

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Yeah, it's much warmer than it was around here. Might clear freezing this coming week. Be nice for a change.

Steelheart

·
Registered
790 Posts
We're expecting it to go over 30 degrees here in the coming week, that's springtime weather in the far north. When it reachs 40 here in the spring people start walking around in shorts and tshirts. We Minnesotans are a hearty bunch. I'll probably hit the range this week sometime. The PT145 needs some more rounds through it.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
#2 shot the KT 3AT first, 1 round at about 20 feet. He's 10. He was done. The recoil drew a little blood. Not a slide bite, but from too loose a grip. He hit paper.

Wife shot 1 mag with the PT 745. She did OK, but was intimidated by the noise and recoil. Tried the 3AT next. Didn't like the trigger, didn't like the grip. Hit paper 12/13, but got nicked from the recoil as well. Think I'll name it the vampire...Whaddy'all think?

I tried come Corbon +p that I thought were going to be my carry load (store didnt have anything else in HP under 200 grains). Two fail to feeds out of six rounds. I'm depressed. I'll have to mix the rest in with WWB to use for jamming drills.

On the bright side, I tracked down a bersa .380 I sold to my brother who sold it to someone else. Wife tried that out Monday afternoon and when I wake up later today (Tuesday), I'll be picking up a NIB Nickel Thunder .380 for her. She's going to get her MN CC Permit as soon as I can arrange the class for her. One of my supervisors teaches it occasionally.

I've been working on her in stealth mode for years. So I'm a happy camper

tman

·
Registered
43 Posts
Haha, I shot in 15 deg last Monday. Cold as hell with windchill. Couldn't shoot worth anything. Then took my carry class on Saturday, shot great groupings inside.

·
Registered
58 Posts
You should consider getting a Walther P-22 for the family outings... a pleasant pistol to shoot for the new/young shooter, and inexpensive to feed.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Browning Buckmark camper model.
Fun way to burn through the ammo.

tman

·
Registered
13 Posts
well its been in the 80's the past couple of days in Dallas. I'm looking at getting out to the outdoor range and fireing off a few 100rds at some silouette targets.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts