Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I sometimes use a bright neon nail polish (green, orange, yellow) for revolver front sight blades.
Pick a good quality one with hardeners in the polish, and it won't flake or chip.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Definitly go with a neon -- whether actual site paint or nail polish. I would also like to recommend green or bright yellow. It picks up pretty well in daylight, but is also easier to pick up when it get dark as compared to red, etc.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Glad you posted this. I have to paint the sites on my 327. I got the duotone with the silver cylinder and matte black frame. Its all I can do to see the sites, let alone in low light.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Good timing on this question. Recently I've been experimenting with colors for the sights on my wife's PT22 and the rear sight nubs on my Judge. I first tried some bright red, it didn't show up enough so I went with white, it helped quite a bit but still wasn't what I was after. So I wound up using some Neon Orange, here are the results, sorry about the photo quality.

Attachments

Reactions: ncfarmer

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
Go to Walgreens® and buy "SINFUL COLORS" nail polish. All of my revolvers are painted with #53 "Summer Peach" on the front sight; and #56 "Neon Melon" on the rear sights. After you degrease the sights; paint them with "White Out" first, after dry then apply two coats of polish. The gun(s) will look like this..........

·
Registered
233 Posts
The neon colors are great, but I'm a fan of white fingernail polish on the front sight post. Both were done with el-cheapo dollar-store white fingernail polish. (one bottle does MANY revolvers) First I remove anything from the front sight post. (degrease it, defunk it, decosmoline it, etc) I tape it off with painters tape. I put 3-4 coats of the white, right near the top- one coat at a time, let dry, another coat, let dry, etc. It doesn't look PERFECT, up close, however, it is very very effective.

Here are two examples. First a S&W 442:
FrontSight.jpg Next a Taurus 327:
3.jpg

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
My wife is not a big fan of neon colors, so I just use the brightest red she has.

·
Registered
29,846 Posts
I use "Pure Ice" nail polish in a color called "Hot Tamale".

You can get it at Wally-World or on line.

It drys fast, is as tough as paint, but is much easier to remove. Just use any nail polish remover your wife/girl friend may have.

Bari Cosmetics, Ltd.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts