Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38,451 Posts
Well reliability likely will have nothing to do with price!
the only way to know what is /or is not reliable in your particular firearm is to try it.
Now for economical you might look at Federals "Classic" in 9 MM, its an older design law enforcment round that has been used for many years.
I use it as test ammo a lot in different guns as the control ammunition VS other more modern design rounds.
it feeds fine and is accurate, i wouldn't hesitate to use it in my guns as defense ammo and amy have a few mags loaded with it laying around.
I pick up several boxes when find it on sale, seems like it WAS about 12 bucks for 50 round box, course that was before the "Crazies" hit recently.
Another very good ammo is the Fiocchi extrema line, its uses Hornady XTP projectiles and i think normally runs about 16 -18 bucks for a box of 50.
heres a picture of each to help you identify it.

Attachments

·
Registered
38,451 Posts
I don't doubt it one bit!
some people have 5.56 FMJ ammo listed for sale at 1 buck a round!
Yea let me pick up a case of that!-LOL
try Ammo to go, or Cheaper than dirt, I have got it from both places before but not in the crazy times.

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
I like Remington Golden Sabers Bonded 124 gr JHP. I see them at 32.00/50

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
I like Remington Golden Sabers Bonded 124 gr JHP. I see them at 32.00/50
Hey Plano!

In your neighborhood you have a top-ranked police supply store that is a must-stop for me when I visit my daughters in your neighborhood (currently in Wylie, and another formerly in Garland).

My wife has painfully learned NOT to let me go to GT Distributors (635 at the Garland-Dallas Line) because it is a big boys' Toys R Us.

They have excellent prices on ammo and other fun toys, and are not jacking up their prices (profiteering) on items already in stock. Obviously they will have to charge more as their costs go up on replacement merchandise.

My last visit to GT, they limited purchases to 2 boxes of "duty" ammo (JHP), and larger quantities of practice and training ammo (FMJ).
I bought 2 boxes of JHP, and my wife also happened to buy 2 boxes. We also bought a decent quantity of FMJ. I also bought some hardware there shortly before the current unpleasantness.

If you are in the area, check them out.

---------------------------

Online, Natchez Shooting Supplies still has very good prices on pistol ammo, much of which is actually on sale!

OOOPS! I just checked - other than some expensive specialty loads, they are totally OUT of 9mm JHP!
(I have no connection with GT Distributors, other than as a satisfied customer)

They have also had some great deals on "police trade ins".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.