Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering purchasing a new revolver. I am open to suggestions and where to purchase cheap. I am not interested in snub nosed and I am pretty well covered on rimfire. I have 454 casull, 44 mag, 357 mag, 38 special. some in 4", some in 6" Any ideas?

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
45-70?

·
Registered
155 Posts
You have what I have other than the 454cas and the only one I was interested in was the 444 raging bull but since buying the model 44 44mag I do not think the 444 would be any benefit to me. I believe you got it covered IMO

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
More info please. What purpose will it serve? Are you only interested in Taurus? Does caliber duplication matter to you? I have 3 .357 revolvers but they are all different.

·
Registered
953 Posts
These my wife will have to sell.

SP-101 .357 Mag. w/ laser grips
P1090975.JPG

.45 Convertible Blackhawk
007.JPG

Ruger Alaskan in .44 Mag.
Ruger-Super-Redhawk-Alaskan.jpg

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am just looking to round out the collection. I don't stay current where the good buys are. I do want to stay with Taurus. I wish Taurus still made the raging bee. I don't have a judge but I notice nobody recommended it. I don't have a 41 mag. The pistol would be used mostly for target practice, maybe hunting but I doubt it.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Hmmm well possibly our tastes might be the same.

The one revolver I always wanted but never had the opportunity to find was a titanium .41 magnum.

·
Banned
1,582 Posts
I've always wanted a S&W no-dash 657 in .41 Mag, but the prices have gone crazier than I am.

·
8,902 Posts
Ok I will be the only Judge suggestion so far. Since the new finish in black is kinda cheesy. I would get one in matte stainless if you are buying new. However I still see used judges with an actual blued finish that are very nice looking, or you could go hog wild and try and find one of these:

P8290017bb.jpg Polished stainless with the 3 inch cylinder. They are kinda like unicorns, but still see an occasional one come up on gunbroker,texas gun trader, or armslist. Oddly enough I picked this one up at a local gun store.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I second the Judge.

If you need convincing, then rent one first and take it for a spin at the range, if nothing else it'll put a smile on your face.

Reactions: silverstring

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
If you go for a Judge, make it the Ragin' Judge that also accepts 454 Casull, just in case...

How about a .460 S&W? 500 Magnum?

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/759130907

That's yer .41 Magnum...but man is that salty!

·
Super Moderator
35,371 Posts
.41 magnum is a caliber I've always admired, but never had. I've got enough calibers now I'm not interested in expansion, but .41 magnum is a very under rated performer. It'll do about anything a .44 mag can do. I like the little .41 trackers as possible hiking guns in bear country.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I wish that S&W would make a Governor XVR to compete with the Raging Judge.

Imagine how awesome it would be to have a Revolver that could fire all of those cartridges... .410 Bore, .45 ACP, (with moon clips) .45LC, .454 Casull, and .460 S&W Magnum. That sucker could very well be the ultimate Wilderness Defense firearm.

Reactions: silverstring

·
Super Moderator
35,371 Posts
For the weight of a Raging Judge, I'd just carry my M4. :rolleyes:

Reactions: GreenWolf70
1 - 20 of 39 Posts